✦❘༻Prologue ༺❘✦

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Majestic Aegis Defense company

A car rolled to a stop at the back exit of the company. Gracefully, a woman, shrouded in a mask, emerged from the vehicle and strode purposefully toward the conference room. With an air of authority, she took her place at the head of the table, crossing her legs with an elegant flourish. "Bring him here," she commanded her PA in a chillingly dark voice that sent shivers down everyone's spine in the room. The PA nodded obediently and swiftly departed to carry out her orders.

Moments later, the PA cautiously inquired, "Ma'am, may I enter?" Her hand rested lightly on the door handle as if she were unsure whether to proceed. The woman behind the desk, engrossed in her work, barely acknowledged the interruption. "Hmm," she murmured in response, her eyes never leaving the screen in front of her.

The PA hesitated for a moment longer before gently pushing the door open. She stepped inside, her movements tentative and respectful. The office was a blend of modern elegance and severe efficiency, every item precisely in its place, reflecting the meticulous nature of its occupant.

Suddenly, the PA's careful entry was shattered by the sound of hurried footsteps. A figure lurched forward, stumbling into the room before collapsing at the woman's feet. The PA gasped, her hand flying to her mouth in shock. The woman behind the desk finally looked up, her gaze sharp and penetrating."Mr. Shukla, isn't it?" she queried, her voice icy and menacing, cutting through the tension in the room. The man on the floor looked up, his face pale and drenched in sweat. "I've been informed you've betrayed me by leaking information about my new project."

"No, ma'am, it was a misunderstanding. I didn't do anything," Mr. Shukla protested weakly, his voice barely a whisper. But his words fell on deaf ears. The woman rose from her chair with measured grace, her movements deliberate and controlled.

"Silence, Mr. Shukla," she interrupted sharply, her eyes narrowing with suspicion. "Lying to me is the gravest mistake you could make after years of working for me."

"I swear, ma'am, I didn't take anything," Mr. Shukla insisted, his voice tinged with desperation. He looked around the room, as if searching for an escape.

The woman's expression hardened. She glanced at her PA, who nodded and quickly moved to a console on the side of the room. Moments later, a large screen flickered to life, displaying CCTV footage. The recording showed Mr. Shukla entering the woman's cabin, glancing around nervously before taking the new project file from her desk.

Mr. Shukla's face turned plain as he Watched the undeniable evidence. His shoulders sagged, and he bowed his head in defeat. "It was me, ma'am," he admitted, his voice barely a whisper. "I leaked the news of the project. Please, spare me. I have a wife and a son to look after. They depend on me."

The woman's gaze hardened, her lips curling into a cruel smile. "The son whom you abuse every day or the wife whom you cheat on every day?" she countered, her words laced with contempt. "Your family won't shield you from the consequences of your actions."

Mr. Shukla's eyes widened in shock. He stammered, "H-how do you know that?"

She leaned back in her chair, a look of satisfaction crossing her face. "I know everything about the people who work for me, Mr. Shukla. After discovering your betrayal, I made it a point to gather every detail of your life. Your secrets, your habits, your transgressions-nothing escapes my notice."