Chapter 5

Once morning came, I woke around 6am feeling like I got no sleep I decided to take a shower to help wake me up. While in the shower I throughout about everything that's been happening.

Blake is my mate. I'm turning into a fucking werewolf. No longer human but married with a kid.

Sure, my marriage wasn't even close to good. My husband was an alcoholic and abusive to me. But he treated our kid like a proper father. I never even realized how bad my marriage was till I was kidnapped, and my kidnapper treated me with more respect than my own spouse. But I still missed him. And missed my kid a lot. I want my kid at least. Even if I don't mate Blake, I want my kid. I could care less for my husband. He doesn't deserve our kid.

I stood in the shower for at least 30 min until I heard a knock on the door. Getting out and wrapping myself in a robe, I walked to the door and looked through the peep hole. It was Mathew.

Opening the door I greeted Mathew. Letting him in while I got dressed in the bathroom.

"Well have you had time to think?" He asked me.

"Yes and no." I answered as I sat next to him on the bed.

"I decided I would like to stay at least here in the pack. I still need time to talk to Blake and decide what to do there. But I don't want to stay with my husband. I want my kid though. "

"Okay I can get you started with a divorce attorney." Mathew replied.

"Is this really all real?" I blurted out. "Are we really werewolves?"

"Well, you won't be a werewolf for at least a couple weeks. It takes time for the blood to fully mix and I've seen it take as long as 3 months and as short as 2 weeks. Usually, women run on the longer side of things. The older you are the longer it takes too. I'm assuming you are in your mid 20's so probably around 4 weeks. But you are also pregnant too so that could take into account. Never seen a pregnant woman go through a change." Mathew said while rubbing his stubbled chin.

"Will it kill the baby? I say with a worried face.

"I don't know Eva." He says sincerely.

"Can I see you change to your wolf?" trying not to think about the baby to much.

He smirks at me "never thought you'd ask. Follow me"

He stands quickly and practically runs to the door. Almost like a child getting a birthday present.

Walking outside I take in the surroundings for the first time. Where the hell are we?

All I see around me is the forest surrounding the buildings around us. Trees taller and wider than I knew possible.

Then I realized Mathew is a good way ahead of me walking into the forest. Running after him to catch up, I see him turn behind a tree.

"I'm getting undressed, just wait there for a moment." Mathew says before fully disappearing behind the huge tree.

While waiting for him to reappear from behind the tree I hear a couple cracks and ruffling. A moment later I saw a giant reddish/brown wolf with white paws trout out from behind the tree. He was at least the size of a black bear, much larger than a normal wolf. He was panting while he trotted up towards me and sat on his hind legs a few feet in front of me.

"Mathew?" I said softly looking at this giant wolf.

He yips lightly and stands back onto his 4 paws and does a little tappy tap with his front paws. Yep, that must be Mathew.

I walked slowly up to Mathew as I didn't know if he would react differently to me in wolf form or not, once I was only a foot or so away, I stopped. Looking in his wolf's eyes I could see his grey/blue eyes but this time they were darker and had specs of gold around his pupil. Beautiful.

"Can I pet you?" I asked hesitantly. In response he tilted the side of his head towards me and closed his eyes. Assuming that was a yes, I reached my arm out and softly pet the top of his head and scratched slightly around his ear. Soft, softer than I expected.

"You are beautiful." I took a step back.

Panting lightly, he lifted his head to look at me and trotted back behind the tree. Hearing the same sounds as before he took just a moment to change and came back out of behind the tree.

"Are you ready to return to Blakes house? I'm sure he's going crazy with you being gone."

Butterflies filling my stomach I looked down at my hands in front of me. "I am a bit nervous to see him again, but I guess I should see him and talk to him."

Leading me back towards his car he opened the passenger side door for me. I got in and buckled myself in. the drive was quiet, we weren't too far away from where Blake lives as it only took about 5 min to get back to Blakes place from the hotel.

Once we arrived and I got out of the car I could already see Blake waiting for me outside his house. He looked like he hadn't slept at all last night.

Walking up towards his doorstep unsure what to say to him, he pulled me into a hug. I could hear him take a big breath of air while his face was pushing into my neck.

Pulling away from him, I give him a small smile.

"Well, I think I'm going to leave you two alone for a while. I'll be back later tonight to check on how things are going." Michael states before getting back into his car to drive off.

"I... I'm sorry Eva, there is a lot I should have done differently. I hope you can forgive me."

I meet his eyes and see the sincerity in them. "There is a lot we have to talk about."

He opened the door, inviting me inside. Taking his offer I walked towards the door. Once inside, he guided me to the couch, and we sat down.

Time for a long discussion...