Chapter 1. Welcome to the game.

A/N: There will be deviations from the canon in this multi-part fanfiction. Floor B5.5 has been added, floor B1 has been changed for the main character. There will also be elements of both anime and game. There will be flashbacks. The narration will be conducted from the first person, as well as from the third. I apologize for the mistakes, because I am not a native English speaker, and I am not fluent in it. Thanks and have fun reading!

-------

"Everything here is so cold,
Everything here is so dark,
I remember it as from a dream
In the corner of this time."

«Mayhem - Freezing Moon»

--

The first thing I saw after I woke up was the huge moon that was behind the same large windows. Its silvery radiance attracted me to it. Like a light bulb, it attracted moths. And now I was like those moths. I was attracted by this radiance that flooded the room.

My legs lifted me off the chair where I had been sitting all the time I was passed out. And as soon as I stood up to my full height, my head began to spin and buzz painfully. Grimacing and clutching my head with my hand, I staggered and fell to my knees, leaning on the hard and cold floor with my free hand.

"Damn... Mm-hmm... It's like after a week-long binge..." I voiced my thoughts, rubbing my temple.

Everything was blurry in my eyes, but soon the picture became clear. Shaking my head, I picked it up and began to look around the place where I was now. It was a small room in which, apart from a wooden chair standing in the center, there was no furniture. The walls were white, but because of the moonlight that penetrated inside, they were a bluer shade.

Mesmerized again, I got to my feet and, like a moth, headed for the window. My hand was outstretched, as if trying to grab the light source.

"How wonderful the full moon is..." It flashed through my mind.

Already when I went to the window, and my fingertips touched the cold glass, I abruptly came out of my trance. At first I didn't understand what had happened at all, and for a while I stood and looked at my palm, but then I noticed the source of the silver light outside the window. At first I didn't see anything strange, but then I looked closer and thought about it.

"How could the moon be so huge? I thought it only happened in movies."

In the end, I still touched the smooth glass with the tip of my index finger and began to slowly trace the contour of the night star. And as soon as I started doing it, I got a little fucked up. The moon turned out to be a fake. Even if it were real, I would still understand that it is far away by tracing its outline. And here it was right at hand. Just like on paper. And I repeat about the size. The moon can't be that gigantic. It's just impossible!

But I was also worried about the question of where this moonlight was coming from. Did they put some kind of light bulb in the window that imitates silver light? And who needs to replace a natural light source with an artificial one? What for? Who knows. Maybe someday I will find out the answer to this question. And maybe not.