Don't Listen

"Don't say that Izu-babe, what if he hears you?" I hear daddy ask as papa holds mommy's hands. "I can't help it! It reminds me of him!" I hear mommy screaming.

-~*~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*

     I run into papa's daddy's and mommy's room and go to their bed. I stare at papa's big burn on his back, how did he get that? I tug on the blanket and he groans and turns around.
"What's that matter, lil' explosion...?" He asks tiredly, he then uses one arm to pull me up. "What's wrong with your back papa?" I ask.
"Thats a coffee plus an extra 16 years answer, lil' explosion. Anyways, did you have another nightmare?" He responds as daddy sits up and yawns.
"Suki, feel free to go back to sleep. I'll take Satoru..." daddy says, getting up and coming to this side of the bed. He picks me up and takes me out of the room.
He puts me down in the living room "Daddy! Daddy! Today's gonna be my first day at kindergarten, right?!" I jump and begin to run around him. He puts a tea bag into a mug and wait for the kettle.
He smiles and asks. "Oh, that's why you're very excited?" I nod my head violently and jump repeatedly. Soon my throat begins to burn up, followed by my hands.
Tears form in my eyes as daddy pours his water in his mug. "Daddy! My hands and throat hurt!" I cry and he looks at me quickly and puts what he was holding down.
He kneels down in worry. "Your throat is glowing, uhm..." he mumbles as he takes my hands. "It huuuurts!" I cry.
      "What the hell is happening?" Papa yells running in the room in panic. "How does it hurt?" Papa asks, as daddy is still holding my hand.
        "It burns! My throat and hands feel like they're burning!" I cry loudly, daddy then turns to his icy side. "Let me try and cool you down..." he says.
      I go up and hug him. "I think we might need to hold off on daycare." Papa states, and continues to speak. "We need to go see what our little explosion's quirk is."
       "Can I stay on daddy's ice side...?" I ask him and daddy hums. "Of course, blue flame."
Mommy soon walks in confusion. "Whatever is the matter?" Mommy asks as he rubs his eyes. Papa smiles and says happily. "Our lil' explosion might have gotten his quirk!"
"How wonderful." Mommy says while he comes and pats my head. I feel my throat fill with something really, really hot. I look away from mommy and daddy and blow out blue fire. "Okay it's quirk doctor time." Daddy says as he picks me up.
"I'll drive." Papa stated. I clinged on to daddy the entire time as mommy stayed silent. "Blue flame, if you need to expel your quirk, feel free too. I'll constantly use my ice quirk." Daddy said.
"Expel...?" I ask and papa growls. "Use your quirk when ya need to. Sho, he is four he doesn't know what expel means." Cuddling into daddy's side, I respond "Oh ok."
"Nerd, aren't you excited? Our lil' explosion got his quirk." Papa asked mommy, he turned around and looked at me, then away. "Of course, Kacchan."

When we make it to the hospital, I still didn't want to let daddy go. Soon his work phone began to ring. "Blue flame, daddy needs to go." He said.
Papa then picks me up from behind. "Papa's here too you little brat! Daddy ain't the only one who can take some heat." He says as daddy leaves.
"I don't wanna hurt you..." I say as I face him. "It won't matter to me. Cause I don't want you getting hurt." Papa tells me.
"Mommy, is my quirk from your side?" I ask him and mommy doesn't say anything. "Mommy?" I ask again. Papa nudges him.
"Nerd, what's going on? Why won't you look or talk to Satoru?" Papa asks mommy, he said it quietly, I guess he wanted to whisper it. "What a wonderful day it is." Mommy says.
Papa quickly got annoyed. "Todoroki Satoru?" A nurse asks, papa gets up and motioned mommy to follow.
We soon make it to the office and we all sit down. Mommy sat down further away from papa and me...did I do something wrong? Papa pets my head as my arm moves and something sharp enters.
"Owiee..." I mumbled. I look up and see the nurse leave. "Well we know you breathe blue fire, let's see what else ya' got. After all your palms are still warm. And I think everywhere else is getting warmer." Papa says.
"Papa my entire body hurts now...it's all feels like it's burning..." I mumbled, getting closer to him. He pats my head and smiles. "You're a tough kid, I know you can make it through a little heat up." He hums.
I smile and slowly fall asleep in papa's arms.