03 : Apology

"About yesterday.." Jay became even more curious, glaring at Owen, ready to hear his explanation.

"All of that.. wasn't true. The 'boyfriend' thing? I never was her boyfriend.. sorry i lied." Jay's eyes grew wide, he felt surprised and happy but hid it with an emotionless face. "Really? Its all a lie?.. well at least you told me the truth." Jay forgave Owen easily like it was not big of a deal.

"Really? Your gonna let it slide just like that?" Jay nodded in reply. Owen felt suspicious, but didn't mind it and was just glad he forgave him quickly. "Okay.. did Shelly also tell you.. what's happening?" Owen was curious if he ever knew the news about having to get along.

Jay thought about it, his mind loading like a computer from the 90's.

Flashback..

Jay heard his phone ring continuously, ruining his quiet study session. He becomes annoyed and picks it up, a small "hello?" He spoke in the phone.

"Thank goodness you answered! Umm.. i just wanted to tell you something."

"I'm gonna have to distance myself from you and Owen starting tomorrow since some things didn't work out like i wanted it too.. so, just try to get closer to Owen if you can. Buh-bye!" Jay was shocked, it was sudden but informative for him.

"What? Wait-" shelly ended the call before he could ask questions, sighing as he glares at their messages, putting down the phone on the table as he overthinks for a few minutes.

Back in current time

"Yes.. i think she has told me it already." Owen nods, unable to keep a simple conversation. He taps his foot up and down continuously, looking around as he thought about questions to ask.

"Soo.. whats your favorite.. umm.. color?" Owen tries to push the conversation further, trying to know Jay better than before. "Maybe.. green." Owen's eyes narrowed, his fists about to pop as he grits his teeth. Green was Shelly's eye color.

"Me too, Kay, Me too." He aggressively taps Jay's back, looking at Shelly as he smiles softly, trying to show how friendly he is with Jay despite him suffocating Jay by smacking his back like a whip.

Shelly rolls her eyes, taking a deep breath as she scribbles on her little notebook. Owen looks back at Jay, fear and confusion expressing in his eyes. "..do i have something on my face?" Jay uttered, pointing out Owen's glaring.

Owen became embarrassed, his glaring was too noticeable. He puts down his arm, freeing Jay's back from smacking it many times. "No, not at all. Sorry, just overthinking." The first excuse that came up in Owen's mind, coming right out of his mouth..

"..right." Jay's glare switches from Owen to Shelly, seeing how anxious Owen about the current situation. He feels bad for Owen, however, he also felt joyful that Owen could finally distance himself from Shelly.

At lunch time.

Dom kang, Jay jo's friend comes inside his classroom, finding the perfect opportunity to go and invite Jay Jo to eat with the friend group. "Yo, Jay!" Jay turns his head to check who was calling him, seeing Dom's childish smirk made him curious about what he wanted from him. Dom sits down on the desk in-front of Jay, his thumb pointing at the classroom's door.

"Wanna come and eat with the gang? You know, hummingbird crew!" Dom yapped and yapped for a few minutes, Jay was unable to catch up with his words. All he could process was 'food', and 'hummingbird crew'.

Suddenly, Jay slowly looks behind Dom, gulping as he shivers in fear. Dom finds a dark silhouette of a tall man shielding him, leaving him curious and ending up looking behind him. "Who are you-"

Dom gasps softly, a sweat rolling down his cheek as he finds himself right in-front of a foreign man that looked like a street gangster. "J-Jay! Who the hell is this?!" He flinches from fear, he expected everything except a foreign man.

"Thats my desk your sitting in." Owen didn't like the fact that Dom was sitting on his desk, worried about the germs that could spread on the perfectly clean desk. "What the hell is this guy talking about? Does he want my lunch money?!" Owen and Dom didn't understand each-other, their gaze narrowing as if they were holding a no-blinking competition.

They quickly turn to Jay Jo, pointing at each other. "Help me translate, Jay!" They both say at the same time. "U-uhh." Jay stutters, sighing before explaining the situation.

"..Your sitting on his- i mean our desk.. and he doesn't like it." Dom's face scrunches, that was it? He looked like he wanted to rob Dom. Dom looks over to Owen, jumping off the desk as he pats his jacket clean. "Yo, if your gonna sneak up on me like that just for a stupid reason at least give me a warning!" Dom groans, switching the subject up quickly. "Anyway. You going, Jay?"

Jay thinks about it, looking down at his textbook before closing it and standing up from his seat. He figured he should also make some time for his friends. Owen becomes confused, his eyes fixated on Jay as he calls him out. "Hey, four-eyes." Jay stops walking, standing stiff before he turns his head to Owen. "What..?"

A few minutes later..

the hummingbird crew silently eats their food at a restaurant, awkwardly glaring at Jay Jo, and the person beside him. Which is Owen. Minu leans closer to Jay across the table, glaring at him nervously.

"Did you really have to bring this guy with you..?" Minu whispered to Jay. Jay gulps while scratching the back of his nape, trying to find the right words to explain.

To be continued...

Author note:
Hello everyone! Sorry for not posting since last month. I took a quick break since it was my finals. I promise that i will upload more than 2 chapters today to make it up to you, love you guys and thank you for the support! ♡