Chapter 3 - Text

-- #3RD PERSON

The Next Day

"Okay, I have a surprise for you Mike!" Dustin grinned as he pulled out a peice of paper from his pocket.

". . .A piece of paper?" Mike raised an eyebrow, not seeming very impressed.

"No, dumbass, unfold the paper." Dustin scowled, handing him the paper.

Mike frowned and opened up the slip of paper, his confusion only growing as he saw a bunch of numbers written on it.

"What the fuck is this? Is this morse code or something?" He scowled, looking up at Dustin.

"Jesus Christ." Lucas muttered, putting his head in his hands.

"For fuck sake, Mike, how stupid can you get? It's my roommates number!" He scowled.

"Oh!" Mike grinned, now realizing what it was.

"Yeah, dumbass. Now, we should all go home now because I wanna try and get some stuff done before our actual classes, so go and talk to her. She's probably free." Dustin scoffed at Mike's stupidity, Mike scowling and nodding.

The three boys all went back to their dorms, Mike laying down and pulling out his phone, staring down at the small sheet of paper that Dustin had given him.

Should I text her?

Mike let out a soft sigh and decided he would just give it a go, so he typed up her number into his phone and sent her a text.

Dustin's Roommate

hey, my friend gave me your number, he's your roomate

He put down his phone and looked around his room, trying to see if there was anything he could do. He saw his guitar that he had placed on the wall, wanting to show it off whenever he got Lucas and Dustin round, and decided he may aswell just practice playing some songs.

He got out his notebook where he wrote down all of his favourite songs and how to play them and decided on Hey by The Pixies.

Will was sat in his room when he heard the sound of a guitar, making him pause. He listened carefully to the song, genuinely impressed by how good he was at playing. He could hear Mike softly singing along, his heart fluttering at the sound.

He continued painting, listening contently to Mike's guitar playing which was oddly sort of soothing, looking down at his phone and noticing that he had gotten a text from El. He opened it and let out a soft chuckle, rolling his eyes and setting down his paint brush.

My girl 🫶🩷

will oh my god!!! dustin got this guys phone number for me and hes texted me!!!! sos!!send help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El, calm down!! Just text him back and see what his name is or something.

im scared!! what if he thinks im weird or something :((

He won't, I'm sure he won't. Now text him and see if he's a keeper or not!!

okay, wish me luck!!! 🙉

Good luck!! 🤞🤞

Will let out a soft chuckle and shook his head, going back to painting when he had noticed Mike's guitar playing had stopped. He frowned at this, as it was honestly helping him concentrate, but ignored it and continued painting.

Mike was now sat down on his bed, staring down at his phone as he saw that the girl had texted him back.

Dustin's roomate

hey, he was telling me about you, he said you were interested in dating someone??

yeah im looking for a girlfriend

would you wanna go out together sometime? we could get to know eachother a little bit, see if we click?

yeah, id love to! where do you wanna meet up?

theres a cafe down near the entrance to our college if you would wanna meet there? the one with the pink outside and looks a little bit like a hello kitty shop

yeah, sounds great! do you wanna go now? ill be available all night

sure!! ill meet you there! ill be wearing a blue dress so just come and find me :))

oh, and just wondering, what's your name? my name is el! short for eleven !!

my name is mike, short for michael :)

Mike grinned and set down his phone, glad to finally have a chance at dating someone again. He had stopped dating for a while after a messy breakup, so he was excited to be going on a date after so long. He went over to his wardrobe and picked out an outfit that was more date appropriate and slipped it on, giving himself a quick spray of his body mist and looking down at his phone.

He sent Lucas and Dustin a quick text, telling them how he's going on a date with El, Lucas and Dustin both cheering him on. He let out a soft chuckle and left his room, about to leave when he saw Will sat down on the couch in the living room.

"Oh, hey. . . Where you going?" Will spoke softly as he looked up at Mike, noticing how dressed up he seemed to be.

"Hey, I'm going on a date." Mike grinned, Will's eyebrows raising a slight bit.

"Oh, really? Didn't take you long to find someone then." Will chuckled softly, Mike scoffing and letting out a small laugh.

"Whatever." He scoffed, looking in the mirror and making sure his hair looked good.

"You look good, stop worrying, go and have fun." Will chuckled, Mike grinning and giving him a thumbs up.

"I'll tell you how it goes!" Mike grinned, grabbing his keys and leaving their dorm.

Will looked over at the now closed door, a soft sigh escaping his lips as he realized he was now alone. If he was being honest, he had developed a little bit of a crush on Mike. Not only was he absolutely gorgeous, he was talented, he was funny, he seemed genuine. He wanted to get to know him better, but there wasn't much chance of that happening now.

He sunk back into the couch, staring blanky at the TV until he ended up falling asleep.

{Word Count: 1003}