Chapter 10

Two years have passed since I moved in with my dad, and older brothers, and what a couple of years it has been. Let's see, I graduated from high school last year, a year earlier than originally planned because the high school dad enrolled me in, tested me on where I should be, and decided that I was in eleventh grade instead of tenth. So, with graduating a year early, I enrolled in the local community college last year for my core classes, and then when I've completed these classes at the end of this school year, I'm going to transfer to a University for the rest of my classes. I'm going for an Associates degree in Psychology because I want to become a child psychologist for children up to eighteen.

My eighteenth birthday is in two days, and I'm actually excited for this birthday because I will become a legal adult! For my seventeenth birthday, dad took me to our state's department of motor vehicles for me to take my written test for my driver's license at my request. When I passed the written and road test, dad, Reid and I went to the local Chevy dealership, and we found a nice used truck - a 2021 Chevy S-10.

I've become close with all of dad and my brothers, but especially with Reid. I've also become very close with William, and I'll admit, I've developed romantic feelings for him, too, but I don't think I'll ever admit this to him because he's a part of the family as Vincent's best friend. Besides, I believe that he doesn't feel that way about me because I'm three years younger than him, and Vincent's baby brother.

*Two days later*

"Happy birthday to you!" five loud voices sing as my bedroom door opens, startling me from my sleep on my bed.

Sitting up quickly as my brothers, dad, and William enter the room with dad carrying a tray with what looks like breakfast foods and drink. My blankets drop to my lap when I've sat with my back against the headboard, and I stare wide eyed at the five of them in surprise as dad places the wooden tray on my lap.

"Happy birthday, son," dad says with a bright, toothy smile.

"Thanks dad," I bashfully reply before thanking my brothers and William, too. "Um, can everyone help me eat all of this, please? I appreciate the breakfast, but it's more than I can eat by myself."

They gather around the bed with them sitting where they can, and we start eating together. The entire time that we're eating, talking and laughing, I catch William giving me quick glances. When I'd make eye contact with him, he'd instantly look away from me, and I swear I saw a light pink blush a couple of times, but I'm sure I'm wrong.

When we finish the food, Reid takes the tray with the now empty, but dirty dishes, and they leave the room, so I can use the bathroom, and get dressed for the day. Once the bedroom door is shut by Reid, I throw the covers off my legs, and climb off the bed, heading into the bathroom to do what I need to do. Finishing in the bathroom, I leave that room back into the bedroom to find clothing to wear, and since today is Saturday, and I don't have any classes, or to be at my job, I can dress in comfy clothing - black joggers, black ankle socks, and a loose, dark purple long sleeve shirt with a hood.

I work at a cafe that's run by an older, married couple, and they're so damn cute! Mr. and Mrs. Rossi are the ones who own and run the cafe, 'The Purple Moon,' and it's unusual that I have a Saturday off, but I'll take the day, and do whatever I want. I work tomorrow, though, but that's fine.

Exiting the bedroom, heading downstairs to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I don't get to far into the kitchen when I slam into the hard, muscular chest of someone. Stumbling backwards, almost falling onto my ass when two arms shoot out toward me, grabbing me by the upper arms to hold me upright. Snapping my head up in shock because I was expecting to land harshly on my ass, and I find myself staring at William's own wide eyes.

"Thanks, William," I mumble, still in shock. "I'm sorry for walking into you."

His eyes are still a little wide in surprise, but his face relaxes into a mischievous grin; "Anytime, Lake. Don't be sorry, I enjoyed you walking into me."

My mouth drops open in shock at his words, and my eyebrows shoot toward my hairline, as I stupidly ask him; "What?"

He lowly chuckles with a fond smile as he lowly says; "I enjoyed you walking into me. I can tell you know because you're an official adult, I've liked you for the last year, and not as a little brother. I have romantic feelings for you, Lake."

Blushing at his words, I stumble over my words; "W-what? Y-you like me as you wanna date me?"

William softly chuckles with a nod of his head; "Yes, Lake, I want to date you, so will you be my boyfriend?"

Grinning once I've gotten over the initial shock, I eagerly nod my head, squealing; "Yes!"

Biting my lower lip when I realize that I just acted like a damn teenager like I am, instead of a young adult like William, and mumble out an apology for the squealing. William promises that that isn't a problem as he pulls me into his arms, and settles me against his body with a warm, bright smile.

"So, what's your plan for today for your birthday?" he softly asks, rubbing my lower back with his warm palm of his left hand.

"I'm not sure," I shrug with a shy smile. "I know we're having family dinner tonight at Nonna's  house, but other than that I have no clue. You're coming with us to dinner at Nonna's, right?"

"Yes, baby, I'm coming to dinner tonight, I promise," William assures with a gentle kiss to my forehead. "I've already cleared this with Ryan and Nonna."