First day

It was my first day of my new classes for my third year in college. Most of my classes were based on writing and literature. I was feeling very motivated for these courses since I wanted to pursue a career in writing. All my classes were going very slowly and were completely dragging, but it'll all be worth it in the end. As I made my way to my last class of the day, I imagined my literature professor was probably some old guy who talks non-stop of Shakespeare. As I made my way through the door, I stopped in my tracks as I saw a tall man, probably close to my age, standing near the front of the class. "Uhm.. hello?" He turned towards me at the sound of my voice and smiled as he walked up to me to shake my hand.

"Hello! You must be...", "Alex... Alex Williams." I answered with a smile on my face. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Williams, I can tell you're going to be a good student considering you're here early." I nodded at his words as I looked around the classroom, noticing that I was the only student in here. "Soo.. you're.. Mr. Davis?" I questioned look back at the tall man in front of me. He nodded at my words as he started to introduce himself a bit more. As he spoke, I looked up at him and studied his features, his blue eyes, glasses, long silky brown hair, and a neatly kept beard. He was wearing a pair of black dress slacks with a white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. What a look! In all honesty, I thought this man was beautiful. Most white guys, mostly the professors I've met during my time in college, look average or are either really old.. but this one, he is astonishing.

"...So feel free to take any seat of your choosing, and don't worry, I'm not a strict professor like all the other assholes in this place, I am very laid back and lenient so yeah, I hope you enjoy having me as your professor this school year just like I will enjoy having you as my student." He said, flashing me his handsome smile. I swear I felt my knees go weak. This man was beyond beautiful.

"So... Ms. Williams, tell me a little bit about yourself." I looked at Professor a bit taken aback. Most professors don't ask much less care for their students, but it's nice to know that Professor Davis seems to take a liking towards his students. "Well, I'm 22 years old, I want to pursue a career in writing to become an author, I'm a major sports fan, and I am badly obsessed with drinking coffee." Mr. Davis smiled at my words slightly, biting on his lower lip almost in a seductive way, looking me up and down as if he were checking me out. 'Alex, don't think that way. You're just seeing things right now.' I thought to myself. He's just a teacher. There's no way he would be looking at me like that. We just met. I must be seeing things.

"We've got at least 5 or 6 minutes until class starts, so feel free to relax and just chill until then. The other students should be arriving soon, I think." Mr. Davis had said. I nodded at his words as I took a seat in the back of the classroom and grabbed my laptop, and started typing more of my draft for my book. "What ya typing up?" Mr. Davis questioned as he sat at the edge of his desk. I looked up at him with a smile on my face. "I'm working on a draft of my book." He smiled at my words as he walked over towards me. "That's great, Ms. Williams. Hey, and if you ever need any help, you can always ask me for anything, no matter what it is." He said, flashing me that handsome smile of his. "So beautiful." I whispered, not realizing I spoke out loud. "What's beautiful?" Mr. Davis whispered to me. I looked at him with my eyes wide. "Oh... uhm.. seeing a teacher like yourself who actually takes an interest towards their students." I lied. Which wasn't a total lie, but I couldn't tell this man that I think he's beautiful. He's my professor, and we just met. He looked at me slightly, smiling, kind of disappointed almost.

He looked at me almost as if he was in a gazed hypnotic state before coming back to his senses and clearing his throat. "Ahem... I'll, uhm... get ready for the other students to arrive." He whispered before walking over to his desk, getting his stuff ready to begin the lesson for today. A few minutes later, the class started to fill with a few students. Not many people signed up for this class, I guess. There were only 7 of us in this class, not including the professor. I guess not many people like literature.

"Hello class, welcome to Literacy class. I will be your professor yearlong or semester wise depending on how long you've chosen to take this class. I am Mr. Davis, you may call me by professor or Mr. Whichever is fine. Now, let's get started on today's lecture." He said as he pulled up what we'd be doing today.

Throughout the class, as Mr. Davis was lecturing. I couldn't seem to focus, I kept thinking back to our conversation before the other students arrived, the way he looked at me... as if there was something on his mind, something he wanted to say, or perhaps maybe something be wanted to do. His gaze that he held on me when we stared at each other, his eyes so beautiful, as if there's a story behind them, a deeper meaning, a passion, perhaps something he's hiding within himself that he doesn't sense. Something he has yet to realize of himself. The more I thought of him, the lesser I paid attention to the lecture, and the more I went deeper into my own head and imagination.

Before I knew it, the class was over. "Ms. Williams?" I heard from Mr. Davis, I immediately snapped back into reality, leaving my imagination behind for later. I looked up and saw Mr. Davis, in front of me. "You okay?" He said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I nodded, too afraid to trust my own voice. "Are you sure? You seemed so spaced out the entire lecture. Every time I looked over at you, it seemed like you were in a whole 'nother world." I nodded again, not trusting my voice, not even knowing what to say in response to his words. I looked up at him with a feeling of admiration. This man was incredible, so beautiful, and so full of life, I imagine he's experienced a wonderful life. "Alex... uhm-" I looked up at him, "Yes, Mr. Davis?" He looked at me, then quickly looked away, sighing as he did so. "N-nevermind... I'll see ya on Wednesday, okay?" I nodded at his words as I stood up, grabbing my bag and books. "Yes, sir." I whispered as I walked by him on my way towards the door.

As I walked away, I swear I could feel his eyes on me the entire time I walked from my seat to the door. I looked back at him to see that I was right. He was looking at me. I gave him a slight head nod as I left his class. Once I got to my car, I sat in the campus parking lot for a good 10 minutes, trying to clear my mind of what happened in class before starting the car and heading to my apartment. Once I got home, I smelled cooking coming from the kitchen, I walked over into the kitchen to see my roommate cooking at the stove. "Hey Miles, what ya cooking up?" I questioned. He turned towards me with a smile on his face. "Hey A, I'm making your favorite, parmesean chicken." I smiled and licked my lips. "Sounds good, man!" He nodded at my words as he continued cooking. "Soooo.. how were your classes? Were there any cute girls or boys you met?" He questioned. Instantly, my mind thought back to Professor Davis. "Actually, one of my professors, he's so handsome." Miles smiled at my words. "Oooh girl, tell me EVERYTHING!"

I laughed at Miles words and nodded. "Alright, man. I'll tell you but once we start to eat, alright? Besides, I need to go take a shower and change into some comfy clothes." Miles nodded at my words as he finished cooking. Once I got settled and changed, I headed back to the kitchen and sat at the table next to Miles. "Soooo... what does he look like?" I shook my head and laughed at Miles. I just sat down, haven't even started eating, and he's back to questioning me. "My Literature professor, Mr. Davis, he's so beautiful, his blue eyes, long brown hair. That man is GORGEOUS!" Miles laughed at my words.

"Aw, Alex, you are starstruck. Look, whenever you go back to that class, get a picture of him so I can see."  I nodded at his words and started eating. "This is good, Miles. Ooh how are things going with Jordan?" Miles smiled as he started talking on and on about his boyfriend Jordan. "Alex, things are great! Him and I have classes together!" I smiled at his words and shook him side to side in his chair. "That's great, Miles! Aye, yall better not be making out in the back of the class." I teased, smirking at him. His face turned red as a tomato as he playfully hit me on my shoulder. "Alex!!" I laughed at his reaction. "Whaaat? Am I wrong, Miles?" He blushed and put his head down. "No.." I gasped and laughed, hitting his shoulder again. "Miles!" "Whaaaa!? You know how me and Jordan are." I laughed at Miles, shaking my head. "Just don't get caught." Miles nodded at my words as we continued to eat our food.

After dinner, once we washed the dishes and everything, we watched TV for a little while until we both started getting sleepy. "I'mma go to bed." I said as I stood up from the couch, stretching out my arms. Miles nodded as he stood as well. "Night, Alex." I nodded at his words, saying good night and heading to my bedroom in hopes of getting a good night's sleep.