But It's Tuesday

I woke up the next morning getting ready for my day. Once I got dressed, I headed to the kitchen to make myself a quick bowl of cereal. Before I opened the fridge, I saw a note on the door. It was from Miles. He left to his classes, and he won't be back till later. That's a shame. I can't have any of his good cooking tonight for dinner since he has to work late. Once I ate my cereal, I grabbed my bag and headed out to my car. After a good little drive, I finally made it to the university. The first class I headed to was my literacy class, even though it's my last period of the day. "Hello?" I said as I walked through the door. Mr. Davis turned towards me at the sound of my voice. "Ms. Williams, what are you doing here?" He questioned as he walked towards me. "I uhm-" He placed his hand on my shoulder, looking at me concerned as he walked me over to a nearby table.

"What's wrong Alex, are you okay?" He questioned with worry and concern in his voice. I nodded at his words. "Yes, sir... uhm, I came to see you." He looked at me slightly confused. "Why?" The pressure felt heavy, and I couldn't think of a lie quick enough. "Well, shouldn't I be here?" I said, not really knowing where my voice was taking me. He nodded at my words. "But today is Tuesday, Ms. Williams." I nodded at his words, laughing nervously. "Y-yeah... uhm, can you help me with my book?" I lied. He quickly flashed me his handsome smile. "Yes. Of course." He said as he sat down next to me, scooting his seat closely. I felt nervous about how close he was. "Wait, Mr. Davis, do you have any classes at all today?" I questioned. He shook his head. "Today is my office day. So I'm free all day. My office days are every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. If you want, you can come here on those days and we can work together on your book." He said with a smile on his beautiful face. I smiled at his words. "That means so much, and it would be greatly appreciated." I whispered, smiling at him. He smiled at me, whispering as he held my hands in his. "Perfect... Alex." I swear I could feel myself blushing. This man was gorgeous!

"So, what type of book are you writing?" He questioned, looking at me. "Romance." He looked at me, his eyes growing dark. "Romance, huh?" I nodded at his words. "Yes, sir." I whispered. He smiled at me and let out a chuckle. "If you don't mind me asking, what type of romance is this going to be, Ms. Williams?" I blushed as I realized what I had just gotten myself into. I just asked this man, my professor, to help me with my book, which is a very mature romance. All of a sudden, I felt very nervous and shy. "Ms. Williams?" I looked up at him, slightly confused. "Huh?" He chuckled at me. "Your story? What type of romance is it?" He questioned. "Oh.. uhh.. a mature... romance." I mumbled, whispering out the last part.

He nodded at my words. "Okay, we got this, don't worry." He said with a smile on his face. I smiled at his words, feeling encouraged and hopeful that we could get at least 1 or 2 chapters added or at least some important key details for the book. That day, we spent hours working on this book, we spent hours working on the characters and their traits, the way scenes or dialogue played out. We worked for all hours out of the day until late at night. "Do you want to take a break, Alex? You seem tired." I heard Mr. Davis question. I nodded sleepily to his words as I stood up from the table and stretched out my arms. "Should we just be done for the night and continue again on Thursday?" He questioned. I nodded again as I walked over towards where I sat in class and pushed two chairs together.

"What's are you doing?" He asked as he walked over towards me. "I'm making myself a bed." He shook his head. "No, absolutely not, I will not allow you to sleep on chairs." I sighed, feeling too sleepy, but argued against him anyway. "Mr. Davis!" I whined with annoyance laced through my voice. "No, Williams, you're not sleeping on those damn chairs. Do you understand me?" He said, with authority in his voice. "But-", "I said no, you're not sleeping on those chairs." I sighed, I knew there was no point in arguing. We were both too tired to go back and forth about the sleeping arrangement. "Fine." I mumbled in defeat. "Thank you." He said as he walked over to a tall cabinet next to his desk.