chapter 1

Chapter 1
-----------

The  story started with dadi's fasco which she done by accusing khushi's character..

When Khushi's buaji entered the house unannounced, Khushi couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. "Buaji, what brings you here at this hour?" she asked, her voice tinged with confusion.

"It was Dadi's summons that brought me here," buaji replied solemnly, her gaze meeting Khushi's with a mix of concern and curiosity. Dadi, a stern figure, introduced herself to buaji, her disapproving eyes scanning the room.

As buaji revealed the reason for Khushi's parents' absence, a heavy silence fell over the room. Nani's voice broke through the tension, her words laced with worry as she addressed Arnav and Khushi's actions. Buaji turned to Khushi, her expression a mix of interest and apprehension. "What have you done now, Khushi?" she inquired, her tone tinged with a hint of anger.

Dadi's disapproval was palpable as she accused Khushi of living with Arnav without a proper marriage. "You two got married at the temple like children, exchanging garlands without proper rituals," she scolded, her voice sharp with censure. Khushi tried to explain, but Dadi silenced her, emphasizing the importance of respecting elders.

Buaji's brow furrowed with anger as she turned to Khushi. "Did you marry without the sacred pheras?" she demanded, her voice sharp and cutting. Khushi's heart sank, and she felt a wave of guilt wash over her. "I-I'm sorry, buaji," she stammered, her voice filled with regret and uncertainty.

In a moment of heated confrontation, Buaji raises her hand with the intention of striking Khushi, but her action is swiftly halted by the timely intervention of Arnav. Asserting his authority as Khushi's protector and husband, Arnav boldly proclaims, **"I haven’t given permission to touch my wife to anyone, and slapping her is way too far."**

Dadi, the venerable figure of tradition and custom in the family, questioned Arnav's claim. "Whom are you calling your wife?" she challenged, pointing out the absence of formal marriage rituals, including the sacred pheras. Arnav, unyielding in his stance, dismissed the significance of these traditional practices. "I don't believe in all the pheres, mantras, etc.," he stated firmly. "I only know that we have been living together for six months, and she's my wife."

Anjali, the voice of reason and concern in the family, expressed her unease at Arnav's disregard for tradition. "We all know you don’t believe in tradition and rituals," she acknowledged, "but this is not right." Arnav's response was laden with a plea for understanding as he navigated the clash between personal beliefs and familial expectations. "Di, please," he implored, seeking acceptance for the unconventional path he had chosen with Khushi.

Khushi's heart raced in disbelief as she stared at her father, the tears streaming down her cheeks betraying the mix of emotions swirling within her. "Is this real, Babuji? Are you really well?" she whispered, her voice trembling with a mixture of hope and fear.

Shashi met her gaze with a solemn look, his eyes reflecting a depth of understanding and compassion that tugged at Khushi's heart. "I had to come, bitiya. I had to save you from the pain you are bearing," he said softly, his words weighted with a sense of duty and love that touched Khushi to her core.

As the realization dawned on Khushi that her father was not just physically present but also cognizant of the turmoil she had been enduring, a wave of shock washed over her. Did Babuji know about the dark secret she had been guarding within her heart? Did he know the truth about the blackmail, the forced marriage, and the sacrifices she had made to protect her family's honor?