Don't Waste Your Time

Zonnique's Pov

I took a deep breath in, before I let my body do the rest of the work. 'Don't Waste Your Time' by Wynter Gordon blared through the speakers in the dance studio. I began to twirl, flip, anything I possibly could to let out my anger. I was sweating bullets when the song ended and breathing really heavy. I searched around the room for my inhaler, remembering I just sat it down a couple of minutes ago after performing another dance routine.

"Gotcha," I said before picking it up and breathing in the medicine. I quickly recovered and sat down by the mirror sighing.

I looked at my appearance. A black cut up cami tank top, faded grey sweats and nike ankle socks. My hair was a fucking mess and sweated out. Remind me to get this shit done when I get home.

Staring at myself in the mirror made me think about some of the reasons why people don't like me. Hey? I'm cute! Why do bitches always gotta hate on me. The something clicked in my head, the hating didn't start until me and Rayan finally started dating. The girls at the school have been warning me about him and all that bullshee, but he always got mad at me for questioning him about it. I let it slide for a couple of days, until i saw him and that new girl Amanda hanging out and the Starbucks Coffee shop the other day. Which led me here.

Dancing is the only way I can express my feelings.

Why was Ray with her? Are the rumors about them true?

As much as I wanted to believe them, I couldn't because I knew I was jeopardizing my relationship with him. Which is something I don't want to do, ain't nobody got time for that.

I finally had the strength to pick myself up from off the floor. I grabbed a towel wiping the sweat beads from my body and grabbed my bag. I exited the studio and made my way to my car. Just when i had got in, my mom called. I slid the green arrow to answer.

"Hello?" I said, starting up my car and pulling off.

"NiqNiq, you need to get to the vet. Chloe isn't doing so well."

"Um, alright. I'm on my way."

I hung up and started driving in the direction of the pet hospital thang. I sighed. My baby is probably gonna die. Chloe was my first personal pet and I've only had her for a year now. When I arrived at the hospital I quickly got out and ran inside, making my way to her room. There she was stretched out on the bed with a breathing mask over her cute little nose. She looked so weak.

"How is she? How was the surgery?" I asked, sitting next to her and grabbing her paw.

"The doctors said she might not make it, the surgery couldn't help. She should be gone in the next five minutes." my mom explained. I sighed and looked at Chloe.

"Well Chloekins, I guess this is goodbye." The room became silent, a few minutes passed. Then I heard the long beeping sound from the machine. I wiped the little tear that fell from my eyes and stood up. My mom rubbed my back and left, me following behind her.