Depression.

Bahja's Pov

"It's gonna be okay hun!" I assure to Zonnique over the phone. She was so sad about little Chloe. I sat there and my mom sewed in my last little bit of hair. It was long and straight.

"Yeah you say that," Zonnique whined. "It just isn't the same. Can I have Cali?"

I chuckled a I watched my dog Cali run around me in circles and shook my head. "You can have anything but her." I smiled and Cali and heard Zonnique sigh a large sigh.

"Fine, thanks for TRYING to make me feel better Beehive.If only Ray were here to cheer me up."

I bit my lip. "Yeah if only he was there." I felt regretful. Watching my own brother leave out the house with another girl, knowing he's dating my bestfriend of 16 years. I just couldn't be a snitch. But I couldn't be a bad friend either. "Maybe when he wakes up from his nap, I'll send him over to you. Ok?"

I heard her smiled against the phone, it warmed my heart. "Thanks Bahj, I love you."

"Love you too niqniq." I smiled before hanging up and sighing. This is complicated. I thanked my mom for doing my hair and walked upstairs to my room holding Cali. I grabbed my laptop and decided to facechat my guy bestfriend, Prince.

Before I did so, I fixed up my hair alitlle, since it was just done. I love playing in my hair, It's a bad habit.

 Before I clicked his name. "Jacob Perez wants to chat with you" I laughed and accepted.

"You must've been reading my mind." i said smirking at him. She chuckled.

"Maybe, I see you got your hair done." He smiled fluffing his. "Tell TT Sham I need her to hook me up."

I laughed. "Yeah right, you got too much hair for that."

"Well you do too but I don't see you complaining."

"Shut up, I like my weave."

"Yeah I do too." He smiled. Then silence.

We just stared at each other, not saying a word. This has been happening for a while now. Every time we chat, we talk for a few minutes, then have this staring contest. I decided to break the silence.

"What you staring at fool?"He looked away quickly. I smiled.

"Nothing, nothing." He assure. "Yeah whatever." I said and rolled my eyes.

More silence.

"Hey um, wanna come over?" I blurted out. Damn.

"Uh sure. Is that okay with your mom?" I nodded.

"I'm sure she won't mind." I smiled.

"Cool, I'll be right over." He waved then ended the chat before I could say anything. I checked my surroundings and brushed my hair back. Not gonna make a good impression with a messy room like this.

Cleaning time.