The Walk

A week later, I was getting ready to go out on a picnic in the park with Walker.

He set this up so that it was more believable that we were actually dating.

Not that I mind. I have to admit, he is extremely fine, and he's sweet and-

Oh no. No, no, no. Averi, don't think like that. He's just your cast mate. And fake boyfriend. Oh who am I kidding. I like him. Great.

I tie a ribbon in my long brown hair and applied lip gloss in a hurry and then ran out the door.

As I arrive at the park, I'm greeted with several cameras and a certain blond haired boy taking my hand.

He led me across a small stone bridge and to a quiet corner of the park. My eyes widened as I spotted a gingham blanket, which was laid across the dewy green grass.

Walker held out his hand and I immediately took it.

Butterflies, no, full on birds were tap dancing around my stomach.

We sit down and he starts staring at me. I blush and look down and some people come up and ask for a picture.

I wonder why he kissed me yesterday, but what if-

"Averi?"

"Hm?" I reply as I look up at the confused boy in front of me.

"Are you okay? I've been trying to get your attention for a while."

"Yes I'm fine," I said matter-of-fact-ally

The rest of the sunny afternoon was filled with eating and laughing. Towards the end of our time, we walked around trying not to be seen. I swing my arms by my side and hum.

My arm stops abruptly in midair, and I felt someone grip onto my hand.

It was Walker.

I look up at him and as I see him looking back, I immediately look away.

His hand is soft. He doesn't mention anything. We just keep on walking.

Next thing I know, a blonde teenage girl comes running up to him.

"Walker?!" The girl asked excitedly.

"Violet?!"