Escapades with Ayato

"Yui, are you ok?", Asa asked her companion whom she decorated the newly made bento with. They were in home economics together, no Sakamaki in sight.

Were they all skipping classes? She wouldn't set it beneath them but especially Ayato she thought would stick around or eventually even pull Yui or her out of class to feed on them.

But that didn't seem to happen today though she noticed that Yui was more fatigued than this morning. Someone must have drank her blood during assembly while she was busy chasing after the mysterious figure with long white hair. Carla Tsukinami, she wondered if it would be a good idea to ask Yin if she knew a person like that.

Yui most definitely didn't.

Maybe she underestimated her like the rest of the supernaturals but Yui was certainly a human after all. She didn't quite understand why Yui kept being around those vampires even though she possessed a dagger able to kill them all. In fact, she had stored it right in her dress she wore at the moment as Asas shadows reported to her.

As a devil, shadow magic was the first thing you learnt to control or you'd be constantly overstimulated by the information that happened around you. Shadows were the best spies after all.

Asa had reached a level of perfection where she could sense everything that happened around her in a certain distance of about a five meter radius automatically. Outside of that radius she could choose what she wanted to know, spy on a certain location, on a certain person or, if all was useless, widen her radius so that she'd keep getting more information.

Not only present actions could be followed but past history could be activated too by speaking to the shadows about what they have witnessed.

A devil with the right amount of power and knowledge how to use it was a know-it-all. Asa was a know-it-all, it just happened.
Life could get rather boring at times with such a power so she regulated its use, training it so it would only cater to her specific needs and not tell her too much out of its own accord.

A tad bit stupid and wasteful but then again, who wanted to know too much anyway? It gave her a headache.

The only shame was that her little spies would only work on non-devils or devils with powers she could easily surpass who couldn't just make a strong, unbreakable barrier to cease spying and eavesdropping. She would have never found out what she was back in the devil world. Her father would have never gotten so careless that he disclosed that information. Not even to his closest minions.

Theoretically she could have asked a shadow in her fathers room about who he bedded but she could only break its magical locking barrier so far as catching a glimpse of a rather violent encounter of her father and, supposedly, her mother. She was a child of rape, that was the only thing she didn't lie to Yin about that day she arrived.

Yes, every single shadow looking into the past had a barrier, more strong at times or more weak while every shadow in present tense could just be used like that. It was a complicated technique to master, especially regarding the fight between two devils battling for the same shadows in the same distance. It was the amount of dark radiance the devil pooled out which decided if the shadow would follow them or not.

As always, she used her shadows as a spying technique rather than a battling technique. Even though they were quite strong when they emerged into physical form. They were like some sort of liquid that could change its aggregate state immediately per demand. Funny little things.

She could summon them towards her from even a mile or 100 miles away to make a massive shadow army. She did that once during training and scared off her teacher. They always told her, her powers were way beyond average but then contradicted themselves by treating her as if she was the most sinful thing they had ever laid their eyes upon. She didn't know that being strong was such a bad trait.