Brunch, Lunch and Party Punch

Her face, was covered and stained with pure sadness. I listened to the endless ticking, her eyes slowly fading. Screaming, I stood unable to help. My insides flipped, why couldn't I help her? She has a life to live. She continued, her face twisting with pain "Sage... Sage please." She wailed at me her hand faded slowly, the thoughts being ducked away. It was a dream.

I kept having that dream, every night. The girl, I didn't know her. Though when she said my name, thoughts spun inside my mind. Making me sick, I blankly stared at the roof.
"Sage, I love you. Help me, please don't let me die."
"I can't, I don't know you!"
I thought about it, nothing about the dream resembled what I would have done.
"Sage, Dear. Did you have a nightmare again?" My mother's reassuring voice trailed into the room. "Mother, I'm 22. I can take care of myself." I clenched my fists raking my brain still. "I know, sorry darling. I just care about you." Her face appeared at my door. She had a red nose, the flu I assumed. "I'm okay mother, promise. You look sick, go to bed please. I'll make us brunch." I smiled, reaching my hands out to grab my wallet. "Okay, thank you honey."- She left the room and I listened as her footsteps trailed off. Who is she? Who is she? Kept spinning in my mind as I walked down the tiled hallway. Trying to get my mind of it, I stared at the wondrous structure of the building, how the arch on the roof had a perfect shade of white and a gentle mix of blue. I stopped at the other end of the hallway, feeling a gentle vibration in my pajama top. I reached into it, grabbing the touch phone from my pocket. Without checking caller I.D I answered.

"Hey, party today, 5 P.M wanna come Sage?"
"Oh! Hey Joshua, I think I'll pass."
"Come on man, free food, free drinks."
"You know I don't drink" I felt bad, rejecting him.
"Fine, party pooper. They have punch as well, I dont think it's spiked anyways."
"You got me, I'll come." I sighed in defeat
"Greatttt. See you there." A brief beep went off as my phone turned itself off.

Now, brunch. I sped walked down the lovely hallway again, my mind cleared of thoughts. I rushed into the large kitchen, practically a ball room and put a pan on the stove, warmed it and jogged to the fridge. 4 Eggs, 4 Bacon, 4 Toast. I held eggs and bacon in my hands as I sped walked back to the stove, put the bacon down and cracked the eggs. The yolk drizzled into the pan with a satysiying hiss noise. With step 1 done, I grabbed the toast off the bench, putting four pieces in the toaster and pushing down the little buttons. I then grabbed one last pan and put it beside the eggs, Opening the bacon packet I grabbed the tongs and placed 4 pieces neatly in a circular formation around it. Setting a round timer at the same time for 4 minutes.
SIZZLE
CRACKLE
POP
I grabbed a spatula and slipped the eggs onto a plate, 2 on each. During my task, the toast popped up which I Grabbed and buttered. "Mother! Any jam on your toast? Just butter and the eggs?" I yelled. "Eggs, bacon and butter is all I need dear." She yelled back. With a brief nod, I dumped the eggs on each of our pieces of toast. One egg on one slice, the other on the other slice. Then with the satisfactory ding noise, I grabbed the bacon with the tongs. Placing it neatly on the toast and resetting the timer. I placed both plates on the table before calling for lunch, well, brunch I guess.

__________--------------___________

Okay, if you enjoyed this and want me to continue, comment of add it to your library.