Prologue 2

Sitting and waiting, just like he had done the past few weeks, every night, almost every minute.

He'd been holding this hope that one day she would come and tell him everything would be alright, but nothing was. The world was at war, and it was all his fault.

He couldn't stop thinking about the last time he saw her, her mahogany eyes glistened with tears. He had pulled her to his chest, his own scales growing wet under his tears, whispering that he would meet her again, someday.

Singe couldn't wait another minute for her to come again. His heart was throbbing and all he wanted was to hold her warm scales again.

He curled his tail around his back talons, carefully tucking his barb in so he didn't stab himself with the toxins. He tucked in his wings to prepare for another night of waiting.

He heard her before he saw her. The flapping of wings was so prominent that it was hard for him to not hear it across the desert.

The small huts around him on the outskirts of Possibility groaned as the sleeping dragons inside shuffled and turned.

It was almost impossible to see her, she always kept her scales deep shades of purple, and now, as she flew across the sky towards her, he had to strain his eyes to see her.

He yelped with joy as she landed in front of him. She was already running towards his open wings when she was only just landing.

Her soft scales collided with his as she barrelled into him, wrapping her wings around him like he had already done. They laughed as they fell onto the sands bellow.

Couldn't he keep this feeling, store it, roll in it forever?

"I knew you'd be waiting!" Jacaranda cried with joy.

No this was what he'd been waiting for, the moment he could see his one and only love again.