part 2 (her pov)

by pinkieee

-

"you... like me?" the words came out of my mouth. it was unbelievable. she looked at me with her blank eyes, and a small smile. the sunlight that shone through the car window perfectly highlighted her light skin and matching hair. "yes.." i smiled, i knew this would happen. "ew..." i forced out of my throat. my throat that was closing up. "you don't?" she said, defeated. i wanted to tell her the truth, but my mouth closed up on itself. i couldn't say what i meant. my heart was hiding in the corner. "but you're a girl." i choked out. i looked away, so she couldn't notice the tears welling in the corner of my eyes. i stared at the sandstorm, only inching closer. "oh." i heard her whisper. i closed the car door, and heard the engine start. i watched the rusty car run down the sandy road, knowing this would be my last time i'd see her. the last time id see anything ever. i finally let the tears i had hidden away flow down my cheeks. was this how i'd let it end? i wish i could've told her the truth. if only there were room in the car for one more. maybe then i could've said- "i love you." i yelled. what was the point of yelling it out now? she couldn't hear me. i saw her car distance out. i knew if i told her the truth then letting me go would've been harder. it's better she leave me while hating me then grieve what we could've had. "i loved you." i whispered before the storm swallowed me. 

goodbye, my best friend.
the only one who was there for me,
the only one i knew i could trust,

the only one i truly loved.