The Untold Truth

Part Five: The Untold Truth"How about I show you instead?"

"How about I show you instead?"

The next day, Mike was practically giving me the cold shoulder. He seemed frustrated, confused, and I didn't exactly blame him either. I mean, I always told Mike about the restaurant and the animatronics. But I always told him how the place was abandoned and I never visited the place besides when I had to check on the place for breaking and enterings.

I didn't tell him about the creepy moving animatronics part though..

..

Yeahh maybe I should have considered warning him about that a long time ago..

Oh well.

Water ran down my back as I wished the water would wash away my thoughts too. Thinking about Mike and what he thought of the gang was giving me a headache, especially now that Mike's working there?

Oh how I wish I knew who my dad was claiming to be.

Knock knock knock

My body jolted in surprise. Turning my head towards the door in shock, not expecting to be practically jumpscared like that.

"Sorry I'm here!"

I replied to the knock. The other side of the door was silent for a second before a raspy voice could be heard through the door. "Can we talk?.." The room was silent again. Both of us waiting for the other to speak up first.

I held my breath as I wrapped a towel around me and opened the door to be met with Mike who was looking at me with soft eyes. I couldn't read his expression all that well, he seemed confused, but he looked like he wanted to understand my part of the story.

I let out an exhale as I looked both sides down the hallway, unsure if this was the right time or not. "What time is it?" I ask Mike who gives me a dumbfounded look. Regardless, he checks his watch where he reads the time.

"Three hours before midnight." Mike mumbled and looked back up at me, still confused whether I was serious or not. I hummed in response to this, before nodding towards Abbys room.

"How about I show you instead?"

The aura was still eerie when we entered the building. Abby had her hand in mine as we stepped in. Everything had changed, the place was much more cleaner and organized. The shelves and arcades have been dusted, pretty much everything looked new from yesterday.

"Is this what you were doing yesterday?" Mike asked in a hushed voice as he took the time to look around. "Figured you might like a clean workplace if you're staying." Abby giggled and let go of my hand as she ran off to the diner to which Mike chased after her repeating her name over and over desperately.

I watched Mike jog after Abby and followed close behind, only I didn't care enough to run.

As soon as we got to the diner, Abby could be seen jumping onto Chica and wrapping her in a hug. Mike skidded to a stop and watched with his eyes wide in fear. I quickly walked over and placed my hand on his shoulder in a reassuring manner.