Prologue

Prologue
Pitch Black

Someone's point of view:

Continuously pouring tiny drops of water coming from the cloudy sky, a breeze of cold wind, a muddy road, being surrounded by a melancholy song, weeping, and sniffing of grieving people. It is the third day of April, and her mother will finally be brought to her final destination.

"Lia?"

Her father called her name and gave her a warm and comforting smile. He handed to her the microphone, a sign that it's her turn to have the goodbye speech for her late mother.

Ilang beses siyang huminga ng malalim bago inabot ang microphone.

Inalalayan siya ng kanyang ama na pumunta sa harapan, malapit sa kanyang ina na payapang nakahiga sa kabaong, upang masimulan na ang kanyang monologue para sa kanyang nanay.

"M-mama..." as she uttered this word, her voice can't stop trembling and her tears started falling again. She still feels the pain that causes by her mother's sudden lose, which she thinks will forever be remain a scar in her heart.

"You've told me so many times how much you are lucky to have me," Lia started murmuring as she daydreamed about the days she spent with her mother.

"Good night, sweetie. Sleep now, okay? We are so lucky to have you..." her mother whispered as she kissed her forehead and turned off the lamp beside her bed.

It was after when she had small talks with her mother, which was actually their usual night routine before going to bed, telling what just happened at school and some funny and embarrassing stories.

"Sabi niyo pa po na isang miracle ang pagdating ko sa buhay niyo ni Papa. That's why for the time you always tried to fight, hold so tight, and stay with us... thank you po so much, Mama. I am actually the one who's so lucky to be your daughter," she continued with her eyes looking from afar.

It was early in the morning when her mother woke her up by showering her kisses on her face since she needs to go to school.

"Maaga pa po," she mumbled while giggling. Nakikiliti kasi siya sa mga matatamis na halik ng kanyang mama.

"You have to get up. I prepared your favorite breakfast," her mother said.

At sa pagdating niya sa kanilang hapagkainan ay nakahain na roon ang kanyang favorite hot choco drink and pancake with lots of maple syrup.

"Thank you, Mama!" she beamed and kissed her mother's cheeks.

"And also, ito yung lunch mo, ha? Huwag mo kakalimutan," her mom added, showing a sky blue bag with Tom and Jerry design.

"You never let us see the suffering. You always keep smiling to us," pagsasalita ni Lia habang may tumutulong luha sa mga mata niya. Hindi niya maiwasang hindi makita sa kanyang isipan ang bawat matatamis na ngiti ng kanyang ina.

"You always prioritize my well being. And I can feel how number one I am as your priority. You always cooked for me. You always taught me a lot, which made me accomplish so many achievements."

"Tama po ba ito?" she asked her mom after she solved the math problem.

Ang kanyang ina ay isang magaling na math teacher. At ang atensyon nitong nasa laptop ay kaagad napunta sa kanya. Tinignan naman ng mabuti ng kanyang ina ang kanyang mga sagot.

And her mom showed a wide smile. "100% correct. Nagmana ka talaga sa akin," her mother proudly uttered and hugged her tightly that made her giggle.