A Fleeting Dream

I wakee up, Vin's head resting on my shoulder, I smiles as I feel the wind gently hit my face. I hears a soft growl and look at the wolf in front of me "Andrius, what brings you to Windrise?" I quietly ask as I stroke Vins head "The Abyss have started messng with the forest...I'm worried for my lupical" he said, my smile fades into that of a frown "What unfortunate timing..." I sigh as I take of my cape and fold it to act as a pillow for Vin, I suppose the thought of living a peaceful life with him was quite silly.

It's been only two or three days since my friend returned, I guess a reward comes with a price, these few days have been wonderful though, despite doing so little, I enjoyed it. Me and Andrius make our way quietly to Wolvendom, more than aware of the dangerous presence looming over the trees, I feel the change of wind pressure and face behind me pulling out my bow, to my relief it was simply Xiao, wait what?

"Xiao? What brings you to Mondstadt so suddenly?" He lifts his head and I see tears stream down his face, my eyes widen in shock as I run to comfort him "What happened!?" Andrius was looking at us concerned as well.

"I-It's Morax...he's...not himself..." I tilt my head ever so slightly "What do you mean..?" I certainly wasn't expecting to hear what he told me "W-well his usual orange colours have turned a soft blue and-" I tune him out, we turn our inverted colours when we are...oh no....

"L-like his hair and eyes? Both?" He shakes his head "Just his hair but he's also been pushing me away and refusing to-" "Shh...it's alright, I think I can still help him" i pat his head and tenderly smile at him, poor boy, I kiss him on the forehead before leaving "Hey Xiao, do you think you could clean up the abyss mages around here while I go help Morax?" He nods his head, wiping away his tears, I smile at him one last time before leaving.

I find Morax sitting at the table where the seven used to sit, I carefully approach him, noting that he is in a very unstable state right now "Morax..?" He pushes me back and pins me to the ground, his eyes are empty and blue, he seems to recognize who I am and quietly gets off "Ahem, apologies" I reach a hand out and cup his face, he confusingly leans into the touch "What happened..? For how long..?" He doesn't answer, just stares at me coldly "I'm gonna try to help-" "Kill me" my eyes widen "W-Wait I'm sure that if this hasn't fone on long then-" "It's been...I've been hiding it for months..." what? Why!? "Why didn't you ever reach out to one of us?! We could have helped!" I feel myself tearing up "I'm sorry...it's too late now, I can barely stay sane for long" he pulls my hand down and hugs me.

"I've enjoyed our time together Barbatos, but now it's time for me to go, you can accept that can't you?" I hug him tightly while sobbing into his shoulder, I've faced countless deaths, but him and Vin's just hurt so bad... "I'm sorry...can I tell you one last thing before you go?" I ask "Of course..." I heavily exhale "I never told you because of Guizhong and eventually changing, but I used to like you romantically, even after losing feelings I wanted to get it off my chest..." I blurt out as I soak his clothes, he pulls away and gives me a small smile before kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry you had to wait so long to get that off your chest..." I shakily bring out my bow and aim at his heart "I'm going to miss you so much..." his smile saddens "I'll watch over you old friend" "Don't forget about the Adepti" he laughs "I won't, I'll watch over them too" I give him one last loving smile before shooting him, tears streaming down my face.

I collapse as I scream in agony, I feel a hand on my shoulder "Rex Lapis is..." I look at up at the voice, it's Cloud Retainer in her human form "It was too late, I'm so sorry" I cry out as I look at his lifeless body, she kneels down and hugs me tight "One is sorry you had to kill him, but it was for the best..." she comforts me for the rest of the night, I eventually fall asleep in her arms.

Is this good? I wanted to put some angst in