II

~You pov~

I sat on the ground beside Lucy who slept, the Ghoul was sitting on the old couch that was in the building we made camp in for the night just staring at me, "stop lookin' at me" I mumbled, "can't...anyone ever tell ya how pretty you are?" he asked smirking as I rolled my eyes. "So, why wasn't your husband with you?" he asked leaning back on the old couch, "he had a birthday party to be at with our daughter," I told him, "Janey..." he whispered as I looked at him, "who are you?" I asked as he chuckled, "Get some rest Y/n...we got some more walkin' in the mornin'" he said pulling his hat over his eyes. After a few hours, when I thought he was fast asleep I very quietly got up, snuck over to his saddle bag, opened it, and found my necklace and ring. I heard the click of a gun and sighed. "Damnit" I whispered, "stealin' huh?" he asked as I turned and looked at him. I put the necklace back on and stared at him. "Kill me if you want...but I'll be damned if I'm gonna die without the last thing I got to remember my family with me," I told him as he cocked his head slightly. 

"What about your dad?" I asked as I scoffed, "Vault-Tec can kiss my ass...sides, I hadn't seen my father since I gave birth" I told him his smirk dropped, "what?" he asked as I nodded, "Eighteen years ago, I gave birth to a girl, I couldn't...not when I knew she'd have..." I glanced over at Lucy who was fast asleep and he followed my gaze. "Oh...fuck" he whispered, "you can do whatever to me..." I started as he looked at me, I pointed at Lucy, "but she can never know" I whispered as he stared at her. "Never...know" he mumbled. 

~Next morning~

We got to a rundown Super Duper Mart. He ordered something from inside and pushed Lucy inside, which I fought him on, but he just told me to wait and that if I would continue then he'd leave a hole in my stomach without even twitching. After what felt like hours Lucy came out, blood on her white shirt, the top half of her vault-suit was around her waist, and she had leather armor on. This look suited her better than the previous look. She walked up and raised her gun at him. "Relax..." he said as he cut my binds, "I've had a change of heart," he said as he looked at the two of ya, "wanna help y'all find your daddy Hank" he said as I grew confused, "lemme guess..." Lucy started as The Ghoul looked at me briefly, I knew the eyes, "you don't get these" Lucy held up some vials, "you turn feral?" she asked as he nodded. "How do you know my dad?" she asked as the Ghoul chuckled, "Well, let's just say that when the bombs fell, two hundred years ago...my family was taken from me by Vault-Tec...I just want them back, I'm hoping your daddy can lead me to my daughter," he said as I stared at him. 

She tossed him the vials, "go get the head, we'll meet you where Moldaver is" he told her as she kept her gun trained on him, she walked away and then when she felt she was a safe distance, she took off running. "C'mon..." he said as he grabbed my arm, we walked into the Super Duper Mart and he started to go on a binger, I walked over to Mr. Handy who was short-circuiting on the floor. I smiled as he spoke and I thought back to Cooper's best friend Codsworth. The ghoul looked in disbelief as he picked up a tape, I walked around over to where he now sat. I looked at the TV as he pressed play and Cooper's face appeared on the screen. "Cooper..." I whispered as he talked in the old film, "How long has it been since you last saw him?" he asked as I sat on the floor beside his leg, "too long...I had almost forgotten what he looked like" I whispered as I stared at Cooper on the screen, I smiled as he paused the film on Cooper smiling, "I fuckin' miss him so much" I said with a sigh, "what was he like?" he asked as I sighed, "better than anyone I had ever met..." I whispered as I stared at Cooper, "I remember his eyes more than anything else..." I chuckled to myself, "why's that?" he asked as I sighed and looked at him. 

His eyes were fixed on me and I stared into them, "because every time I stared into his eyes...it was like he always told me that I was safe and I could do anything." I told him as I looked back at Cooper on the screen, "I had never felt safer with anyone else than him...even my father didn't make me feel as safe as Cooper Howard always made me feel" I said looking back at the Ghoul, I stared into his eyes, there was a familiar feeling igniting in me, one small flame that only one person had ever been able to fuel. I looked back at Cooper and then back at the Ghoul, "you stare at me as he used to", "coincidence" he said as I got up and looked at the TV and then at him. "N-No..." I shook my head, the ghoul was silent, "There's n-no way..." I whispered as I stared at the ghoul, I got closer to him and removed his hat. He didn't look at me, "look at me..." I said with tears in my eyes, he remained quiet and still didn't look at me. "Fucking look at me!" I shouted as my breathing grew heavy, "Please..." I whispered as I fell to my knees in front of him, he lowered his head so I couldn't see his eyes, "please look at me Cooper" I whispered as I placed my forehead against his knee and cried.