Chapter 3- Flashback Part 1

Y/n POV:

     "You-you're Wonyoung???" I asked the pretty barista, still kind of in shock. "Why is an idol working in a tea shop?"

     "This is actually my parents' cafe. I cover occasionally when they're busy," she answered.

      "Damn, you make a pretty mean boba milk tea for someone who's just covering," I hummed thoughtfully, taking small sips from my drink. It was on the sweeter side but not too sweet.

     "Thanks," Wonyoung said shyly, looking away. She coughed to clear her throat. "Anyways, how did you and Haerin even meet? Was it before she became an idol?"

     "Hmm... I can explain, but I'd have to start at the very beginning, and that might take a while. Are you sure you have time?"

      "Yeah, don't worry. I have a lots of time this summer since our comeback isn't until late in the fall," she assured me with a big smile on her face. 

     "Cute," I thought. Wait, Haerin just broke up with me. I shouldn't be having these thoughts so soon-

     Looking back at her, her face began to fall after realizing she just told me about a comeback that hadn't even been announced yet. "Uhhh, please don't tell anyone I said that either or else my company might get mad at me, okay?" she asked me sheepishly with a tint of red forming on her cheeks.

     I laughed at her clumsiness. "The most popular idol in her generation is an airhead. I didn't expect that," I thought to myself. "Don't worry, I won't tell," I reassured her after seeing her panicking even more.

     Relief washed over Wonyoung's face. "Anyways, let's get back on track. Tell me about how you and Haerin met."

     As I answered her, I decided to recount my precious memories with Haerin, starting with the very beginning.

In the past:

     On the first day of seventh grade, I noticed that a girl I had never seen before was sitting next to me in our classroom. I didn't talk to her, and she didn't talk to me because we were introverts by nature. However, I couldn't stop looking at her, as I had never seen anyone like her before, and I was taken aback by her striking resemblance to a cat. After that, I spent the whole day stealing glances at her, trying to figure out if she was a cat or a human.

     Out of curiosity, after school on the first day, I still couldn't figure it out, so I decided to ask her directly, "Are you a cat or an alien?"

     "Neither, you dumbass," she had replied, obviously confused and weirded out as she walked off to get picked up by her parents.

     It wasn't a great first impression. After that, we didn't really talk much until the second semester when our homeroom teacher, Ms. Jiang, paired us up to present something for the school festival, which was coming up.

     After the groups were announced, Haerin and I made eye contact, and she shot me a look of disgust. "Shit, she still remembers," I thought to myself. I was a bit embarrassed because looking back on it after five months, I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I asked her such a stupid question. 

     Days would pass, and we wouldn't talk because I was too embarrassed to try to talk to her again. However, by this time, the deadline for the school festival was in two weeks, and we didn't even start planning what we would do.

     Soon, there was only a week and a half before the festival. "Fine, here goes nothing," I muttered to myself as I decided I would have to talk to Haerin today in order to come up with something.

     "Umm, hi... would you like to talk about what we should do for the school festival?" I asked Haerin timidly.

     "I mean, I don't really have a choice," she said coldly.