Hiding in the dark

"JAXSON!!!!"

Abby shouted on top of her lungs covering her ears with her hands. They all turned to face Abby staring at her. Seeing his sister say ding there, made him give him one last punch glaring at her his already messy hair looked more messier than usual.

"STOP". Her voice came out loud like an order, a command. People didn't understand what was happening for no one knew them as siblings.

Jaxson huffed waking away from the crowd shoulder bumping her including others. "Hoooow" Abby breathed out following him. "Don't follow me Abby" he gave a quick warn walking away combing his hands through his hair.

Mitch stood at a distance staring at them. Jaxson was unstoppable and he would hurt anyone who dared to follow when he says not to. Experience was the best teacher.

Abby stopped once he asked her not to follow. The door to the room flew open as an angry Jaxson enters banging the door behind him.

*Are you scared your little secret would get out*.

Bruno's voice and face played in his eyes that he threw a glassed flower pot towards the door. "Jaxson!" Abby shouted ducking away from the flying pot which nearly hot her in the face.

"I told you not-

"Oh and you thought I'd stay behind watching you kill your self emotionally to death. No Jaxson, I won't".

"Get out Abby am not in the-

"WOULD YOU STOP BEING LIKE THIS JAXSON. WOULD YOU STOP IT!"

"Don't you raise your voice at me!"

"Annie Silver-tong is dead and-

Jaxson threw another pot her way, she wasn't quick enough for the pot hit her forehead, thankfully it was a smaller one.

"Jaxson" she called in shock staring at her brother who looked unaffected by it.

"I warned you to never mention her".

"Look at you, you're sick, hiding in the dark, guilt eating you whole. Until when, when Jaxson would you keep on mourning. You think taking your anger out on others would help.

"Stop it Abby. Shut it".

"No I won't sweet brother." She took a careful step forward to him. "Do you think she would be happy to see you acting this way, she'll never forgive you".

"Abigail Booman".

"Yes, I am a Booman and we both are. You blame yourself for her death, you killed her, you fucking killed her Jaxson".

Jaxson covered his ears hardening his jaw.

"You thought changing your name to Peres would help wash the guilt in you. Mom and dad had nothing to do with her death-

Jaxson held her neck pinning her against the wall pressing harder. His eye color changed from blue to red, hot red. Abby's eyes widened but there was no backing away. "You know better than to say that".

"You...are a Booman not a Peres, nothing can... change that fact. There's a Booman blood....blood run...running in your veins not that of a god...goddamn Peres. You're hurting mom-

Jaxson tightens his grip on her neck making her kick her legs in the air hitting his hands with a "Ja...Jax....Jaxson".

All the air in her were nearly drawn out of her lungs. Abby began feeling scared, scared that she had crossed the line and her brother might kill her for real this time around.

"Ahh Ja...Ja...Jax...Jax...son..Ja...".

Her vision started blurring bit by bit yet her brother wasn't back to himself. The first time it happened, he promised her he would never repeat it again, yet here he was nearly killing her.

Tears rushed out of her eyes as she kicked her legs slowly losing consciousness. "J..J...

The last thing she heard was a shout from someone and a groan from her brother before she succumbed to darkness falling into someone's arms blacking out completely.

Cindy and her friends got down from the cab walking into the school, everyone seemed busy gossiping that they didn't seem to notice their new hairdo.

"Dramatic appearance huh". Cindy says mocking Yazzy who huffed rolling her eyes in annoyance. "What happened here while we were away".

"Had it not been for that girl Bruno could have died" a girl passing beside Cindy said to her friend. "Jaxson nearly killed him" the other said making Cindy narrow her eyes at them.

"When you're gossiping do tell the whole story. What happened?"

The girls turned to face her with a "sorry".

"I said what happened?"

"Excuse me, who said we were gossiping".

"Oh so you did hear me".

"Is that how you ask for information?"

"Just go".

Cindy said to them when she saw Nessy, Jasper and Kyle coming their way.

"I love your-

"What happened?"

Cindy kicked the door open with a loud "Jaxson Peres".

"Oh-my" she said once she saw his face. "Where's Brunno?"

"How is she feeing?" Ajax asked a nurse who stepped out of Abby's ward. "She's doing great. She'll wake soon, just give her sometime".

"Thanks" he says genuinely to her walking into her ward sitting on the bed beside her bed. "Tsss" he clicks his tongue staring at her. "Thinking you could be a heroine".

The door to the room re-opened as an intern entered inside holding a file and a pen. "Excuse me sir, you need to fill this out".

"Oh okay...thanks". Reading through it was just three questions which made him breath out. "What is my relationship with the patient?" He asked himself glancing at her with a mixture of confusion and concern.

"What is my relationship with you?" He paused for a moment before saying "friends or maybe not friends". He breathed out writing down his answer.

"How did I find you? This is insane, I should be writing 'I Ajax Randolph found Abigail nearly killed by a jerk". He breathed out writing down his answer.

"Sir you can't enter this ward, you can't enter sir".

Ajax stood up dropping the paper standing near the door to see what's going on though he couldn't see a thing. He ignored it turning around to see Abby struggling to sit up.

"Abby" he rushed to her supporting her onto a sitting position. "You-

An angry Jax kicked the door open marching to them. "Abigail" he called once he saw her okay averting his haze to Ajax.

"Let ho off her" he said warningly. "Look who's warning me to ket go off her when you nearly strangled her to death".

"This has nothing yo do with you!"

"Oh sorry but I think it has something yo do with-

"Sir please step out" said the intern who handed him the paper. "I am her brother so how do you expect me to when my kid sister-

"Correction there bro she's not-

"You're not my brother neither do I know you. We're not related in any way. He..." she eyed Jaxson who stared at her in complete shock. "This is my brother Ajax Randolph. Please escort this stranger out".