44|Mother

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Tsuyomi 'Reign' Hayes| 18

🗓️May 18th📍The Hayes Residence

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm pregnant. At first when I took the tests and they came back positive, it still felt surreal like I was in a dream.

Staring down at the ultrasound photos in my hands, I can't believe I'm growing a whole human being inside my body.

I always thought I'd at least be married to someone for a good few years before I'd have a baby but here I was, unwed and pregnant. On the bright side, at least it's with someone I wouldn't mind spending my life with.

I wonder if Jay would be opposed to us getting married? We've never spoken about that aspect of our lives, so I don't know his views on marriage. For all I'm here thinking, he could hate the idea and want nothing to do with it.

"Come out a yuh head" his voice snaps me from my thoughts and I look over at him. We were on our way to my house from the doctor's appointment and mommy was waiting to see the ultrasound up close and personal.

She wanted to come with us but I told her I wanted my first ultrasound to be private. I felt like it was too much of an intimate moment to have it shared between anyone but the two of us.

She was fine with it but kept drilling in my head to take the ultrasound photos home with us.

"It's all good things" I smile and he rests his hand on my thigh. Since we found out about the baby, he's been extra clingy and more protective than usual.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but sometimes I'd love a few minutes to myself but can't have that because he's all up on me.

"Tell me wah yah think bout then?" he probes and I shake my head, "We can talk about it later" I mutter and he squeezes my thigh. Turning my head in his direction, he gives me a look.

"Why we cyah talk bout it now if it's all good things?" he pushes and I quickly come up with an excuse, "Because we almost reach the house" I tell him and he hisses his teeth.

"Later we talk, I promise" I say leaning over to kiss his cheek and he tries his hardest to hide his smile but fails, "Anything you say" he mumbles and I giggle softly.

Pulling into my parent's driveway, he parks and comes to help me out of the jeep. 

"Just a wonder why unuh a take so long" Mommy greets us at the door and I shake my head at her, "Here, cause mi know a this yuh wah see" I said handing her the ultrasound and she smiled brightly staring at it.

Making our way further into the house, she starts asking a bunch of questions, "So what did the doctor say? How far along are you?"

"I'm 5 weeks along, the fetus is healthy and my due date is around Christmas time" I answer her beelining to the kitchen because I was starving.