Chapter Twenty-Three

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, in her bedroom, Luna and Trinity are sitting at her computer desk, catching up on their homework.

Klaus slowly walks up to the doorway and gently leans sideways on the door frame.

Luna and Trinity glances up at their Dad with small smiles.

"Hey, Dad." Trinity greeted him. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. I'm just checking on you." Klaus said and slowly walks over to the ottoman. "Your mother did tell you both that she was gonna be away for a while, right?"

"Yeah, she did." Luna said. "Mom is strong, she can handle herself."

"Yeah, she can." Klaus agreed.

"You know, Dad, we can be useful, like, we can use our magic or kick some butt." Luna said.

Klaus small smiles. "That's generous of you both."

Klaus, Luna and Trinity exchange small smiles at each other.

"Niklaus?" Elijah said to his in the doorway. "I need to have a word with you in the study."

"I'll meet you there." Klaus said.

And Elijah walks away.

"You go ahead, Dad. Trinity and I will be fine, we have some catch-up homework to do anyway." Luna said.

"Alright then." Klaus said, getting up and walks away.

⚜️⚜️

Now, in the study, Klaus and Elijah are discussing the resurrected ancient vampire group, The Strix.

"So, Marcalos has resurrected The Strix now?" Klaus said.

"And that's all . . ." Marcel said, slowly walks inside. " . . . The resurrected Strix is already leaving their owls symbols among the supernatural."

"Marcalos is resurrecting old enemies that we encountered in the past." said Klaus.

"And if The Strix has also been resurrected, that must be Tristan and Aya as well." Elijah said.

"We could use some of Christy's help." Marcel suggested.

"No, she's occupied with other things, and even if we told her, Christy would put on hold her business at Mount Orasani and come here." Klaus said. "We can handle The Strix, Genevieve and Aurora."

"I'll call Kol and Rebekah for their assistance." Elijah said as he takes out his phone and walks away.

Klaus and Marcel exchange looks at each other.

"How is Christy by the way?" Marcel asked.

"Christy wasn't wearing her arm monitor, so, I assume that she's fine and back to normal self." Klaus said.

"Alright then, I'll talk to my guys, see if they know anything or spotted something." Marcel said and walks away.

And Klaus walks away himself.

⚜️⚜️

HOME ISLAND OF MOUNT ORASANI / AA9 FREIGHTER TRANSPORTER

Later that day, on an AA9 freighter transporter, Christy sits at a table with her bowl of cream chicken noodle soup, eating small spoonfuls of it.