Chapter 32

Natalia settled herself down on the plane the next morning, making herself comfortable. It was a long flight that she wasn't overly thrilled about, but she'd brought a few books with her and of course Dominic would keep her entertained.

She glanced up as he walked out of the cockpit. He'd worn sweats and a t-shirt, opting for comfort on the long trip. She'd worn a pair of cotton shorts and a hoodie herself. At some point, she would probably make use of the small bedroom on the plane and sleep. The flight was too long to not sleep through part of it. Plus she wanted to be on her game when they arrived. 

"I hate flying to Australia," Dominic muttered as he sat down next to her, a book in his own hands.

"You don't like going there?" she asked curiously, as she pulled out her own book from her bag.

"I don't mind Australia; I just hate the flight. It's way too long. Plus you lose time because of the time difference," he muttered, his gaze on her long bare legs.

"Says the immortal man.." Natalia giggled. 

Dominic snorted. "Yeah guess I shouldn't complain. What are you reading?"

"Um ..." She was sure she was blushing. Why did he have to ask. "A book?"

Dominic eyed her with that look she frequently saw on her own father's face. The one he gave her when he knew she wasn't being completely honest with him. "I looked over your bookshelf, kitten."

"What? When?" Her face felt hot now. He really hadn't, had he? By the look he was giving her, she knew he had. She could also feel that he was enjoying teasing her about it. 

"You've left me alone in your room twice now," he reminded her, his face mostly expressionless as he studied her.

"I have not." Had she? 

He lifted his eyebrows at her. "Not alone, but you were in the bathroom. You did when you were showering."

Oh she had, hadn't she. She groaned, causing him to suddenly laugh. "So you investigated my books?" That wasn't at all embarrassing.

"Would you rather I'd investigated your lingerie drawer?" he asked with a small smile.

"Maybe?" That might have been less embarrassing. Maybe. "I'm glad you find this highly amusing." She shot him a small glare.

"Gotta keep myself entertained on the flight." He held his hand out to her. 

"What do you want?" He wasn't getting her book. He didn't need to know everything. She scoffed inwardly. He was her mate. He was going to know everything about her.

"Your book." He hadn't moved his hand. 

"Dominic .. " She was not giving it to him. Why had she chosen this particular book to bring with her? Because she'd started it right before she'd found out Dominic was her mate and had been enjoying it. She hadn't read much since then. She'd been a bit preoccupied with the gorgeous man sitting next to her.

He waved his fingers in a 'Hand it to me' gesture and she glared at him. "Come on, kitten. I'm getting it from you one way or another." His eyes and words were full of promise.

She wondered what he meant by that. She reached out to his emotions, sifting through them as she studied him. She could mostly feel his happiness, his contentment and deep underneath all of it, his love for her. But she could also feel his amusement and determination. She kept the book in the hand away from him, holding it off to the side, out of his reach.  He could get it if he really wanted to though; they both knew that, but he was going to play with her, and that could get very interesting. "One way or another, huh?"