Chapter One

Amber Rose's POV

Today was the first day of senior year at Mystic Falls High School. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It's like only yesterday I entered freshman year, like a petrified little girl. It has been a good three years, although not much has changed throughout the time. I had the same circle, which consisted of my ex boyfriend Jason who's now one of my best friends, Maria, Daya, Nick, and Angelica. 

I threw my sheets of me and swooped my legs over me so that I was sitting on the edge of my bed. 'It's so annoying that the first day of school is on a Friday', I thought to myself, and yes it was pretty freakin' annoying. Like you couldn't just wait til' Monday? Anyway, I finally got out of bed and the first thing I did was brush my teeth and wash my face. I put on a thin layer of concealer and foundation to hide the little imperfections I had, and then contoured my cheeks and temples. I then applied eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, and a ton of mascara. For the final touch, I added a nude lipstick. I took my hair out of it's braids,and let the crimped curls fall down to my waist. Lastly I put on a pair of black leggings, a muscle tee that said 'Los Angeles' &  'Brooklyn' with pictures of Tupac and Biggie Smalls on it, and combat boots. I packed my bag, ate breakfast, and made my way to school in my black Ford Fusion. 

After the first half of my day, it was finally time for lunch. I made my way to the cafeteria with my whole group of friends. A few minutes into the lunch period, Angelica tapped my shoulder and pointed to some boy whom was unfamiliar. "Who's that guy over there? He hasn't stopped staring at you the entire time we've been here. He's pretty hot." Once I looked into the direction she was pointing, I immediately knew who she was talking about because he was literally glaring at me, no emotion present in his facial expression. I've never seen him before. He must be new here because he's too beautiful, literally, to go unnoticed. I stared back at him for a few seconds, but his gaze began to make me feel uncomfortable, so I looked away. "Am," Angelica called me by my nickname before continuing to speak, "he's still staring at you. Why don't you go up to him? Maybe he's too shy to come up to you?" I turned around and looked at her like she was crazy. "I don't even know him, and he's way too beautiful for me. Why would he be shy? PLUS I'm not just gonna go up to him, and be like hey wassup hello?". Angelica gave me a funny look before speaking again, "You're rambling, Amber. Damn all he has to do is look at you and he's got you all nervous and shit." My whole group of friends was laughing, but I ignored it. All I could do was stare back at this boy. After what felt like a few minutes, I stopped day dreaming, and finally spoke, "I'm gonna go get lunch." 

Once I got up to get on the lunch line, so did he. That's kinda weird, but whatever. After getting lunch, I began to walk back to my table when I felt someone's foot tripping me. I started to panic and I let out a squeal by accident. My tray of food immediately flew up in the air and I went backwards. Midfall, I felt someone catch me and they also caught my tray of food. It was the boy from before who was staring at me. We looked like we were doing that dance move where the boy dips the girl. There is no words for how embarrassing this is, I just got humiliated in front of this hot, new boy before I ever even got to talk to him. All we did was stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds, and I can't help but notice how beautiful he really is up close. He finally stood me up, and I couldn't help but smile at him, except he wasn't looking me in the face now. He nervously looked around and handed me my tray of food back, and in the middle of me thanking him, he sped off. Well okay then, stranger.

I simply brushed it off and walked back to my table. "What the hell was that?", Jason asked with a jealous tone in his voice. "He saved me from busting my ass." I laughed but Jason didn't. "Whatever Amber. Anyway there's a bonfire happening tonight. We're all going, why don't you come?" He smiled at me and I didn't return the favor. "Yea sure. Who's driving?" I asked, praying that it wouldn't be me who had to drive. "I am." Nick said, and I nodded before eating my lunch and walking to class alone. There was one thing that I couldn't get my mind off of, and it was him.

At around 6 o'clock, I heard a horn honk from outside. "Bye mom! I'll be home later! I don't know what time. Not like you care!" I yelled before closing the door behind me. Well, the reason for that was that I live with my step mom who's a total drunk, so she's never even aware of what's going on all the time. I don't really care because she doesn't either, and I get more freedom. Whatever. She'll never be like my real parents. 

When we arrived at the party, the first person I saw was the boy who saved me at lunch, and all I could feel were his eyes on me. 

wc:967