Chapter Two

Amber's POV
(Her outfit for the bonfire is above)
The bonfire was basically in the middle of the forest, and it had a path that went to and from Mystic Grill. So we grabbed a bite to eat there first. And like I said before, the first person that I spotted at the bonfire was the mysterious and edgy boy that saved me from humiliation earlier today. My mind wandered off somewhere and all I could think about was 'should I approach him? No I shouldn't, no maybe I should.' My thoughts drove me so crazy that I didn't realize I was staring at him. He gave me a cold and emotionless stare back. I quickly looked away and saw that my friends left me as well. Well alright then.
I stood there alone, looking around awkwardly. Suddenly, someone tapped me on my shoulder and I turned around to see him. I gave him a small smile and blushed, "Hey." He ignored my remark and continued speaking to me, "I never got your name." I took my bottom lip in between my teeth and didn't look him in the face, "I'm Amber Rose, you can call me Amber." He narrowed his eyes and studied my face for a moment before saying, "I would prefer to call you Amber Rose. I'm Shawn." I nodded and looked down at my feet, and shifted my weight from my heels to my toes, rocking back and fourth. He seems like he's always upset in a way. I haven't seen him smile once. Shawn was staring at my neck and he looked like he was holding back, narrowing his eyes and breathing heavy through his nose. "I just want to thank you for what you did today." I tried breaking the ice. "You don't have to thank me," Shawn spoke and I just nodded, looking around. I felt his gaze burning through me. He's attractive, but damn what's up with his personality? He licked his lips and scratched his chin, clearly still looking troubled and trying to distract himself. "Are you okay?" I asked him, and put my hand on his shoulder. Shawn looked at my hand for a minute and just answered me back, "I'm fine, never better. I'll uhh... I'll see you around. B-bye." He covered his mouth with the side of his fist, and just like this morning, he sped off again. I don't know what's wrong with him, but with the way he's acting, I don't know if I care to know.
Once the weekend was over, it was time for school again on Monday unfortunately. The only times that I see Shawn are at lunch and U.S History. Hopefully he'll straighten out his act today, all I've thought about all weekend is him, and I realized that I do care to know him.
I decided to bum it today. For God's sake, it's Monday. I rolled out of bed and hopped in the shower. Once I was out, I threw on a Victoria's Secret "Pink" jumpsuit in black, with my light brown UGG Slippers. It's a chilly day here in Mystic Falls. I blow dried my hair and then put it in a sock bun with a braid wrapped around the bun. I filled in my eyebrows and put on three coats of mascara. I finished off with some nude lipstick and I was on my way to school in my car.
Once I got there, I didn't bother to meet up with my friends because I didn't feel like hearing anyone. I got to my first class early and finished homework for another class. The day dragged by, and soon enough it was time for lunch. I decided I would try sitting with Shawn. I want to get to know him. I need to. Something about him was so intriguing. I felt like there was something so mysterious about him that I need to know, and once I find out it's gonna be something else. I walked in and stopped and looked around to find him. I spotted him quickly. I sat down across from him and he looked up at me with that same emotionless stare..
Wc: 699