Chapter 10|Life without you has no goddamn reason

Jason let's go of the hug and takes my hand

Jason let's go of the hug and takes my hand. "Spence, what happened?" He asks, worried.
My eyes keep spilling with tears. "I-i don't-"
"Spencer, take a deep breath for me. Okay? Breathe." He says, trying to calm me down
"Come here, sit down and calm down." He says softly. Motioning for the floor.

I walk over and sit down. I take a few deep breaths and calm myself down. "There we go, good job. Now can you tell me what happened? The day after you met us?." He asks curiously.

I look down at my hands. "The morning after i took the guards life. I lost Tristan, they stabbed him with the knife you brought me." My eyes start to water as they relive the moment. "I- i had to kill his little sister. Margaret." I sniffle. "She was eight years old and i took her life away from her."

Jason puts his hand on mine and embraces me in a hug. A warm and gentle hug. "Im so sorry. It was all my fault, i got them killed." I sob out.

"Spencer listen to me. It wasn't your fault, you defended yourself and it was an accident. You wouldn't be able to save Tristan or Margaret anyway. It wasn't your fault." He says holding my face in his hands. Looking at my face. "Say it, it wasn't your fault."

"It wasn't my fault." I repeat.
"It wasn't your fault."
"It wasn't my fault." I nod.

I put my head on his shoulder and he holds me. "Can we stay like this? For a while." I ask.
"Of course." He responds.

I think Jasons like the older brother i never had. Like the protector i was supposed to have.
He found me in an abandoned store when i was 13. Now I'm 15 and i feel like he's the big brother i needed before, the big brother i need now.

I only ever lover Tristan. Im afraid of loving someone else, because what if i get him killed again. I wanna love someone.
I think i do already.

Warner loves me. I love him. I don't know if I'm getting mind controlled by myself or if I'm actually in love. I shouldn't be but i can't help it.

I've killed 2 people. He's killed thousands probably. Yet i find myself hating him but loving him? I think I'm scared of what the others would think. That's why I can't love him.

My heart aches for him. My heart breathes, for him. I've only just now met him yet it feels like i've known him forever. Like my hearts being reunited. Healed.

I come into such deep thoughts about Warner and the others and i don't notice I've drifted off into sleep.

Jasons pov

I look down at Spencer and notice she's fallen asleep. That poor girl. I carry her out of James room and ask Adam to put out two mattresses for me and her.

"Wait, are you and Spence gonna sleep here?" Juliette asks, her beautiful brown hair falling down on her shoulders. "Where am i gonna sleep?" She wonders.

"In my room, with me" Adam says.

"Can i sleep out here? With Spence and Jason? Is that okay? I can totally sleep in your room if you want to but i wanna be near Spencer." Juliette rambles. Her gorgeous green eyes and her beautiful brown hair. She's got pink rosy lips with her matching cheeks.

"Yeah that's fine. If you want to sleep out here go ahead." He says. His fists clenched and his furrowed brows. He's got a confused smile on his face. "Im gonna be over there in my room." He walks off.

"James go to bed. It's late" I tell him.
"No fairrrr i wanna stay up and be here with you guys, and talk." He says whining. "You can punch Adam in the gut as hard as you want to." I tell him and with that he rushes off to bed. " Goodnight!!" He yells.

"Goodnight" me and Juliette say at the same time. She looks over to me, her gorgeous smile showing. I smile back to her.

"So what happened in there?" Juliette asks. Should i tell her? "I don't know if she'd want me to say but if you promise not to tell anyone. Not even living or dead soul. I'll tell" i say.

"Alright, i promise" she says smiling.

"I met her. Spencer, when she was 13. Sh-"
"She had just sneaked out of the hospital to explore with her Tri-i mean with Tristan." I say shaking my head. "I was with Kenji, I don't know if he remembers her but i do. She ran up to us and held a pair of scissors against Kenjis throat. She was brave and strong." I tell Juliette, sending her a smile. "She had killed a guard while trying to leave. He attacked her and she'd killed him. The next day the chief of whatever had found out. He sent the doctor who experimented on them to fetch Spencer, Tristan and his little sister."

"They killed Tristan in front of her. The love of her life died in front of her eyes because she defended herself." I say. Juliettes eyes forming tears. "She was then forced to....." I clear my throat. "Kill his little sister....Margaret. Spencer was thirteen, Tristan was fourteen and Margaret was eight. After that she stopped speaking to most of her friends. She let the doctors and scientists do whatever they wanted with her again." My face drowned in shame and sadness. I should've taken her with me when i found her.

"Why. Why did she let them do all that. A-and how do you know all of this." Juliette asks with her tears falling down her pink cheeks.

"My group was studying her, we were looking after her to make sure nothing would happen while we waited for her to escape." I say. "We had a spy of some sort and well he was documenting everything. What she ate, said, wore. I was close to leaving my friends to go and help her but I couldn't." I inform her.

I see Juliette putting her hand on Spencers hand.
"It's late, we should go to sleep." I tell Juliette. She looks at me and then looks back down at Spencer. "I don't want to sleep right now. I don't think i can." She looks back at me.

"How old is she?" She asks as another tear falls down her cheeks.

"She's 15." I say. Now looking down at Spencer, sleeping so peacefully in her own head where she can't get hurt.

"She's so young, too young." Juliette says. "Im two years older than her yet we've killed, almost been killed and been abandoned. She doesn't deserve this. She's too precious." Juliette whimpers.

I go over to Juliette and pull her into a hug. "It's okay." She buries her face against my neck. Her quiet sobs leaving her mouth.

Until we both fall asleep against each other.

Alright bad chapter i hate it but i say this to almost all of my chapters so. Anyways I'm going insane cus idk who to have Jason look like☹️😭please help.