✰ | mirror ;

"I'm mad at him," I say, crossing my arms in front of my chest. The boxer sets my duffel bag down, before giving me a brief side-eye. "Slater never understands me." Leon blinks, before rubbing the back of his neck.

"O-Oh..."

"That's why I'm going to live with you from now on." I wrap an arm around him, cozying up against his side. He raises his hands slightly, before glancing toward Slater.

"I'm leaving for three days. I have a conference with some media managers." Well, so much for the act. Leon lets out a breath and I laugh. Slater was going to be gone for a little bit, so, instead of having Leon constantly come over, I just decided to come to him.

"Can I live with you?" I detach myself from him, before swooping down to unzip the bag. "I promise I won't make a mess. I even brought some food to share." I raise a bag of chips, a meager offering.

"Yes, of course, it's fine even if you do make a mess," Leon replies, perfectly honest in his words. Slater scoffs.

"You'll take that back soon." He brushes shoulders with Leon as I start to unpack. My hairbrush, toothbrushes, and toothpaste pile up beside me. "Take care of her and don't let her get away with everything—"

"I can hear you, you asshole," I call over and he gives me a look before resuming his words.

"Let me know if anything comes up." Slater messes with Leon's hair, ruffling it a bit. The younger boxer tucks his head down slightly, nodding.

"Got it. Come back soon." Slater starts walking to the door, passing by me.

"If he kicks you out, the keys are in the mailbox. And, shit, do us all a favor and don't get drunk while I'm gone. You get into a hell of trouble just as it is, sweetheart." I grab his shirt and kiss his cheek, smiling against his skin. He draws back slightly before averting his eyes, almost embarrassed. He's such a softie. Always worrying about the people around him despite having such an intimidating aura.

How did I land myself someone so kind?

"You take care of yourself too. Bye, Slater. See you soon!"

- - -

I chew on the chicken, raising my eyebrows. "This is so good. We should eat here more often." Leon sits across from me at the booth and I cut another piece. The restaurant was mostly quiet, with soft orchestral music drifting through the air. It was dim, but the overhanging light was enough for me to see Leon's head nod.

"It is. I think they have a takeout option too." He feeds me a bit of his and I blink. It's really, really good. Savory and filling, food that was perfect for a day like this. "I've been meaning to ask, how did you and Slater meet?"

I wonder if I've brought this up before. "Dyllon throws the craziest parties in the entire city. People from all over would come to one of them, just hoping to get in." I take a sip of water. "Margo and Dyllon are high school sweethearts. Cute, aren't they?"

Leon nods. "And, obviously, I knew Margo. Plus, having such a high profile meant that I could use my old job as a way to get in but I didn't need to." I chew, exploring the scenery around me. Leon hasn't taken his eyes off of me the entire evening.

"Did Slater know Dyllon?" I nod.

"They started off hating each other, that's what Margot said. They got along fine back then, though." I pause to think. "I didn't like Slater either." The boxer raises an eyebrow, his fork frozen midway. Did he really need to look that shocked? I let out a laugh. "He was mean."

"Mean?"

"Rude. Arrogant. He liked to pick fights with everyone. Ran with the wrong group for a little too long." I smile softly. Slater was definitely not the same person he is today.