Chapter 58: Kicked Out

Alice and Aiden, drenched from the relentless rain, stumbled upon a small wooden house nestled in the woods owned by Aiden's parents.

Seeking shelter from the downpour, they approached the door and knocked with a mixture of hope and desperation.

The door creaked open, revealing Aiden's parents standing inside.

Their expressions hardened as they took in the sight of their soaked and shivering child, accompanied by little Alice.

"Aiden, what are you doing here? And who is this?" Aiden's mother asked, her voice tinged with irritation.

Aiden, his teeth chattering, mustered the courage to speak. "mother, father, can we please stay here for a moment? We're freezing and need a place to dry off."

His father's face twisted into a scowl. "Absolutely not! We don't have room for you and your little friend. Go find somewhere else to go!"

Aiden's heart sank, and tears welled up in his eyes. He pleaded, his voice trembling, "But it's pouring outside, and we have nowhere else to go. Please, just for a little while."

His parents, their anger unabated, exchanged a frustrated glance before his mother retorted, "No means no, Aiden! Now leave before you ruin everything!"

With a mixture of disappointment and hurt, Aiden and little Alice were met with the slamming of the door, shutting them out into the cold, unforgiving night.

Aiden held back his tears as he took Alice's hand, their small figures silhouetted against the gray sky.

They trudged away from the wooden house, the sound of raindrops mingling with the sound of their quiet sobs.

Little Alice, her face streaked with tears, couldn't seem to stop crying.

Her continuous complaints and grievances filled the air, adding to the already mounting stress that Aiden was feeling.

"Alice, please," Aiden pleaded, his voice strained and weary. "I understand that you're upset, but we're in a difficult situation right now, and I can't handle your constant crying and complaining."

Alice sniffled, her voice shaky as she responded, "But father, I'm scared, and I don't know what to do. Everything is going wrong, and it's just too much!"

Aiden's patience wore thin as he struggled to keep his own emotions in check.

"CAN YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH?! I AM EXHAUSTED FROM YOUR CONSTANT COMPLAINS!"

The weight of their circumstances weighed heavily on his shoulders, and he felt overwhelmed by the responsibility of taking care of both himself and Alice.