3) First day of School Gone Wrong

Chapter 3) Why Can't Grim Stay Out of Trouble?

PREVIOUSLY

After supper was ate, yuu left to the bedroom they and their Pokemon cleaned up, opening the closet they were greeted by their usual attire they wore while traveling. They smiled taking off the robe they had been wearing and hung it inside before releasing their pokemon once more. "Sorry it's not much guys, but it's what we have for now." They said picking up Grumpy and hugging him close. "Let's get some sleep."

NOW. . .

Yuu groaned as a ghost cackled floating above them. "Hehehe aren't the two of you supposed to be off cleaning the school today?" He asked with a grin making Grim groan. "Mmmm, five more minutes Ma. . ." Yuu sat up rubbing one of their eyes, "mmm, Mimi, Rem. Wake Grim up please." They said getting out of the bed and setting the Mimikyu and Hattrem where they had slept. "Myah?! Yuu why would you have them wake me?!" Grim yelled at the trainer as they went through the closet and getting their travel clothes.

(Basically imagine Bede's outfit but a bit more feminine)

"So I hear you'll be living here from now on?" The ghost asked, "Hope you like pranks as much as we do! Hya ha ha!" It laughed making Yuu roll their eyes. "I'm used to Ghost types pranks." Grim grumbled, "we gotta get rid of those things for good!" He yelled as Crowley walked into the room. Yuu's eyes widen and Agent fired a Snipe Shot at his face. "Ever hear of knocking?! What if I was changing?" They asked with a glare, Crowley ignored them as he spoke. "Good morning, Yuu. Did you sleep well?"

"No! When I sprawled out on the bed, the mattress fell right through the frame! Exactly how old is Ramshackle? And worse yet, I got woken up by Yuu's pokemon!" Yuu shook their head, "it's better than sleeping on the ground outside. But this place does suck." They said crossing their arms. Crowley put his hands on his hips, "moving on let's discuss your assignment for today. You will be cleaning the area from the front gates to the library. Yuu, I expect you to keep Grim and your creatures" "Pokemon" they corrected. "Ahem, your Pokemon in line, I do not want another incident like yesterday."

You simply nodded, "do not fail me. You may take your lunch in the cafeteria." Crowley said with a smile, "I eagerly await the fruits of your labor." And with that the male left, Grim grumbled crossing his arms "I ain't cleaning anything! I'm here to study magic so I can be blasting off spells left and right!" Yuu shook their head, "I'm going to change, we can study after cleaning." Grim left the room going down to the living room.

After Yuu finished getting ready they met Grim downstairs, "alright, we're cleaning so Agent and Rem will be coming with. Everyone else return for now, I promise I'll figure out some way to get you all a nice open space to be in." They said as they returned the other five Pokemon to their pokeballs. "Right then, Grim lets go." Grim grumbled still not wanting to clean but followed the trainer regardless. They came to a stopping point when their dirt path turned to stone.

'Statues,' Yuu thought looking at the seven statues around them. "Wow, so this is Main Street huh? This is incredible!" Grim said looking all around them with interest shining in his eyes, "I didn't get to see much of it yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary." "They remind me of powerful ancient trainers, they could each have their own signature pokemon as well." Yuu said as they walked up to the closest statue of a male that looked to have fire for hair. "He could have a shiny Umbreon or a Houndoom."

Grim went over to one of the two royal looking statues, "what pokemon would this lady here have? She looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues." He said crossing his arms, Yuu looked over but before they could answer a male spoke up as he joined the two of them. "You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" He asked, "Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim asked, "Hatt." Rem said as she looked up at the Royal elegant statue across from the one they were currently at.

The boy nodded to grim, "she was a queen who lived in a maze-like garden of roses long, long ago. "She was a strict woman who prized order above all. She wouldn't tolerate a rose being off-color, or her playing-card soldiers being out of step. She basically ruled o we a kingdom of madness, but not one of her subjects dared to defy her. You wanna know why? Because the punishment for breaking a rule was off with your head! Immediate decapitation!" He said with a grin making Grim hide behind Yuu, "s-scary!"

"It's pretty cool, right? I'm a big fan. I mean, who would bother to obey a queen who was kind all the time? I certainly wouldn't." Yuu crossed her arms and glanced over to Agent who stood next to her, "just who are you?" They asked, the boy smiles, "oh my bad. Name's Ace. I'm a first year student here as of today! Pleased to meetcha!" He said extending a hand, Yuu shook it as Grim spoke. "I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy who's planning to be the greatest mage who ever lived. This is my far lest interesting henchman Yuu and their henchmen Agent and Rem."

"Not my henchmen," they corrected before Ace crossed his arms after letting go of their hand. "Yuu? Odd name, got a weird ring to it." He said, "well, I'm not from this world. Regardless, it's nice to meet you, Ace." They said picking Rem up off the the statue labeled as 'The Beautiful Queen', Ace continued to explain each statue to Grim as Yuu listened with suspicion noticing his tone change slightly after explaining the last statue. "Pretty cool, huh? Not like some piddling weasel."

"Knew it," Yuu mumbled turning back to Ace with a glare. "Myah?!" Grim asked before Ace burst out laughing, "pffft. . . Ha ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right? The one summoned by the Dark Mirror, who can't even use magic. And the monster that no one summoned at all. It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony!" He said with a smug grin on his face.

Grim growled, "h-hey! You don't gotta be a jerk about it!" "So in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ha ha ha that's so lame!" Ace kept going, making not only Grim, but Rem and Agent angry too. "What did you just call me?!" Grim yelled, "and you're both so clueless you don't even know who the Great Seven are. Not a one of them! Maybe before you try getting into the academy again you ought to take a second crack at kindergarten?"

"Ace, I suggest you stop," Yuu warned, yet Ace ignored them. "Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man am I glad I did. It's been a blast!unlike you, I actually have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" And to add more insult to injury he dropped a plastic bottle cap on the ground before attempting to leave. Only for Grim to shoot his fire magic at the ginger. "Woah! Watch where you're aiming! You wanna throw down with me shorty? You've got some guts. I'll shave you like a toy poodle!"

As the two continued to throw insults at eachother they added spells along with them causing students around to notice the fight picking up. "Grim, Ace, that's enough." Yuu tried to intervene getting fed up with being ignored. Grim shot his fire at Ace once more only for the boy to deflect it with his wind. Seeing where the flames were now directed to Yuu's eyes widened, "Agen use Snipe Shot quick!" They yelled pointing at the fire, only for them to be a few seconds too late.

"Shit! Now the Queen of Heart's statue has been charred!" Ace yelled, "that's your fault for trying to divert it! You shoulda just let it burn you to a crisp!" "Who in their right mind would ever do that?!" And that's when the shit hit the fan, Crowley was here. "What is going on here? Cease this at once!" He demanded making the males flinch. "Headmage. . ." Grim quickly tried to run away, "no more lashings! We gotta get outta here!"

It was no use, the boys cried out in pain as they both got tied up in Crowley's whip. "As if the likes of you could even flee from me! Haaah. . . Did I not just warn you Yuu, "no more incidents"? And now you've charred one of my statues?! It's almost as though you want to be expelled!" He yelled at the boys and Yuu, they put their hands up in fake surrender. "I didn't think that there would be a Mudbray that would get Grim into a fight."

"As punishment for today's infractions, Yuu, Ace, and Grim are all hereby ordered to wash a hundred windows!" Crowley declared with a glare, "you will all meet in the cafeteria after your classes. Are we clear?" "Yes sir."

——————

Dang, that actually was really easy to write! I'm gonna try and get my two Pokemon crossover fics (this one and my new one) caught up to my demon slayer one.

Word count: 1612

Published: April 28th, 2024

Edited: n/a