4) Avoiding Responsibility

Chapter 4) This Son of a Boltund

PREVIOUSLY

"As punishment for today's infractions, Yuu, Ace, and Grim are all hereby ordered to wash a hundred windows!" Crowley declared with a glare, "you will all meet in the cafeteria after your classes. Are we clear?" "Yes sir."

NOW. . .

Yuu, Grim, and Agent stood in the cafeteria waiting for Ace to arrive so they could get this punishment over with. "I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" Grim complained while laying on of of the tables. "Well, it is yours and Ace's fault that we're in this mess, so suck it up and try to learn from the experience." They said to him while searching through their back before their eyes widened, "it is in here!" They yelled taking out a box that Agent recognized.

"Mmmm, what's bugging me is that Ace ain't even here yet!" His attention was then grabbed by the object in the trainer's hand. "What is that?" He asked standing up to get a better look at the box. "It's my pokebox, it lets me switch out what Pokémon are on my team, usually I can access it through my rotom phone but I guess it got disconnected when we were brought into this world." They said with a grin, "Agent you wanna see Cinder?" They asked teasingly to their starter. The Inteleon nodded "Teleon!"

Yuu grins and takes out Snom's pokeball from their belt as they set the box onto the table allowing the little stand to come out. They placed Snom's pokeball on the stand and took out their Rotom Phone to scroll through their boxes before choosing Cinder. The box sucked Snom's pokeball inside and released Cinder's, Yuu grins putting the box back in their bag, "Alright Cinder, come on out!" They said throwing the ball into the air, a bipedal, white, rabbit-looking pokemon materialized from the white light. "Cinderace!" It yelled with a smile.

"Cinder, welcome back girl!" Yuu said giving their Cinderace a hug which she happily returned before looking around and spotting her mate "race!" She yelled letting go of her trainer before hugging Agent.

Yuu let the two Pokemon catch up to eachother and looked around realizing that Ace still wasn't there yet. "Alright, where is that dumb ginger? It's been at least half an hour since their classes released." They said annoyed, Grim nodded in agreement "he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us!" Yuu sighed, "it's possible," they mumbled pinching the bridge of their nose before exhaling. "Let's go look for him Grim."

"Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment!" Grim agreed "I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!" He yelled before the two of them went off, Agent and Cinder following behind them. When they got to Ace's classroom Grim ran in yelling, "hey Ace! get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya!" Only to pause seeing the room empty aside from a painting. "Huh...Maybe there's really no one here?" He asked looking behind the desks.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that. I'm here." The painting spoke up causing Grim to freak out, "bwaaah! That painting just talked!" He said looking to Yuu to make sure he wasn't crazy. Yuu nods "yes, and? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school? The lady in the portrait on the that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why shouldn't it be able it talk! Is that really so strange?" The painting asked, Yuu shook their head, "compared to other things I've seen in my world, it's not odd." They mumbled "do you know where a student named Ace Trappola is?"

"Ah, I know the one. A new student I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago." The painting explained making Yuu scowl, "that son of a Boltund." They said beffore thanking the painting and leaving to the dorms with Grim and their pokemon. "Agent, Cinder, go make sure he doesn't get out of this." Yuu commanded their pokemon, the two nodded and ran ahead to the Hall of Mirrors.

When the two pokemon arrived Ace was complaining, "yeah right, like I'm gonna wash a hundred windows. I'm just gonna go back and—" he was hit on the back of  his head with a rock kicked by Cinder. "Cinderace!" She yelled pointing at him angrily. "Great job girl," Yuu said after catching up with Grim in toe. "Crap they saw me!" Ace said before Growled, "stop right there pal! No fair gettin' a head start! Wait!" He yelled, "who in their right mind would ever wait?! See ya!" Ace yelled as he ran towards Heartslabyul's mirror.

"No way are you gettin' out of this! You think I wanna wash windows?! Yuu get your pokemon to do something!" Grim yelled at the trainer, all this alerted a blue haired boy standing by the Heartslabyul mirror "hm?" He asked turning to see Ace running at him, "outta my way!" He yelled, "hey what gives?!" The boy yelled in response. "Please stop him, he's shirking his cleaning responsibilities!" Yuu yelled for help, the boy looked shocked.

"What? That's not right! But how do I stop him? Like, freeze his legs? Or bind them with a rope? Or maybe I could. . .hmm. . .no. . ." He mumbled before Grim yelled, "I don't care how! Just do something! Anything!" "Anything?! Anything, huh. . . All right! Here goes anything! I summon thee. . . Something heavy!" He yelled pointing his magic pen at Ace. A cauldron appeared out of thin air and fell right on top of Ace.

Ace and the boy, who Yuu now knew as Deuce began to argue with one another causing them to become distracted before Agent noticed something, "Inteleon." He said to his trainer making their eyes widen, "he ran away?!" They yelled and left the mirror hall to see Grim running down Main Street "haha I'll let you two handle the rest! Bye bye!" He yelled as he ran.

"You caught me so you could run away yourself?!" Ace yelled at the cat, "hey you there! Uh...Juice?" "My name isn't "Juice." It's Deuce! With a D!" Deuce replylied with a glare, "this is partially your responsibility you know! So help me catch that little furball!" "How is this my responsibility?!" "Grim's useless janitor friend can't use magic, that means this is up to you and me!" And with that the two boys began to chase after the fire cat.

TO BE CONTINUED

—————

Woo boy we're almost caught up with my Demon Slayer fic!

Word Count: 1121

Published: April 28th, 2024

Edited: n/a