08

.

"I came to visit cus you see me like a ufooo

"I came to visit cus you see me like a ufooo."
.

BEEP, BEEP

BEEP, BE-

I silently sat up in bed, wondering how I got in my room.

I feel like shit.

Memories from Halloween night played in my brain. The three seconds of peace I felt was now gone.

Guess it wasn't a dream, huh.

My eyes began to water but I was quick to wipe them away, as soon as I heard footstep walking towards my room.

The door opened and I expected to see my mom but Jules walked in with a tray of breakfast. She first set the tray in my lap, before sitting on the bed.

She gave me a small smile, rubbing my knees to show support, "How you feeling?"

It was quiet for a few seconds, as Jules waited for my reply. I turned my head towards the window, looking blankly at it.

"Numb." I plainly answered.

I placed a french toast stick in my mouth.

At least the food is good.

Jules grabbed a french toast stick as well, "We're skipping today."

I laughed at her words, "I can't."

She rolled her eyes, "Why not? You need a break."

I faced her, "What about my mom?"

"What about her? We're not staying here. I won't let you mope in bed all day, so she won't know."

I knew I wasn't ready to go back to school. People were starting to not stare at me, getting used to the new girl. If I went back, I would be seen as the new girl who got publicly cheated on. Although this break was for a day, it would give me some time to process the changes in my life.

I sighed, "Okay."

"Hell yeah!"Jules exclaimed, jumping on my bed.