07-ꜱᴍᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ

⚽ 𖥻 ִ ۫ 。 SOCCER GENIUS 𖥻 ִ ۫ 。⚽️The brighter the light, the darker theShadow becomes

The brighter the light, the darker the
Shadow becomes...

• • •

With 12-on-10, Team Z now has 15 minutes to try and equalize the game. Isagi takes the ball but is right away surrounded by the Wanima brothers, who states they know all about their tactics and weapons thanks to Kuon.

"Just give up, its 12-on-10 and you guys don't have a stand a chance." Kuon tells isagi. As he then takes the ball from Isagi.

Team W then counterattacks and end up facing Iemon, but he manages to redirect the shot by slightly touching it and causing it to hit the post. Iemon then tries to inspire his team to get the ball and score as even if they end up in a draw, they will still have a chance to continue if they win their next game.

Chigiri runs towards the ball, but Keisuke gets it before him, who then mocks him that they will be ending his career today. Raichi gets angry at Chigiri standing still.

Chigiri gets angry and recalls his time at Rakosute Business High School where he met the Wanima brothers. The brothers introduces themselves as the stars of the team. Chigiri tells them that he came to this school to win the championship and make a name for himself, and is against their unproductive hierarchy.

The brothers get annoyed and they play against him, but he easily beats them 2-on-1. The coach then makes Chigiri their forward.

With Chigiri as forward and with his speed, he manages to outrun everyone and Rakosute team starts winning game after game.

Chigiri was seeing his great future, but in one game, he received an injury, right ACL tear, and if he receives the same injury again, his career may be over. Chigiri later visits Rakosute, where the Wanima brothers make fun of him.

After going through rehabilitation, Chigiri returns, but he isn't running at full speed and the Wanima brothers mock him if he is afraid to not get injured again.

Chigiri states he isn't afraid of that, but of loosing who he is, and ever since then, he was looking for a way to give up.

• • •

Five minutes are remaining and Chigiri starts to relax that after that he can put an end to his football career. He then hears Isagi telling him to run as its not over yet.

Team X manages to get the ball, but as Team W knows all their strategy and weapons, Isagi is unable to pass to anyone. Isagi still looks for a route they can win, but Kuon tells him to give up.

The five minutes are over and they get 3 minutes additional time.

Since Isagi can't use anyone else weapons as they are covered, he decides to do things himself. He gets free from Kuon and Keisuke, but Junichi manages to tackle him and take the ball.

Isagi starts running back, yelling that he will score. Chigiri observes him and wants him to stop chasing the ball and stop believing in himself.

Isagi manages to retake the ball and pass it to Chigiri. But as Chigiri stands frozen, Isagi just comes and pushes him away to get the ball.

Chigiri is annoyed, but realizes that Isagi is just like Chigiri used to be, believing he can be the best in the world and putting everything into football.

Chigiri wonders what is he afraid of, noting that injuring himself again or not being able to play anymore doesn't really matter.

Seeing Isagi play, Chigiri can't hold the rush he gets and decides that he doesn't care anymore if this is his last play. Stating he is the best striker, Chigiri starts running and in that moment Isagi smells the goal.

He feels the goal is coming the other touchline and then sees Chigiri running there. Isagi then takes a long shot towards the other touchline. As there is no one there, Team W gets excited as they will get the ball and win. Kuon almost reaches it, but Chigiri runs past him, taking the ball.

Kuon is shocked by Chigiri's speed, but is unable to catch up and stop him. Feeling the same joy as he was young, Chigiri gives himself a long pass.

"Go get em' chigiri!" Ukiyo cheers him on, for once a bright smile was plastered across her face.

Team W attempts to foul him, but he easily outruns them. The goalkeeper comes out, trying to reach the ball first, but Chigiri gets it before him and directs it towards the goal. He ends up scoring and the game ends in a tie, 4-4.

Team Z is excited, "Damn, you can really run fast." Isagi tells chigiri. As he shrugs it off like it was absolutely nothing at all.

"It's your fault, just seeing you so determined just fired me up. And the next thing i knew, i was sprinting across the field." Chigiri says.

"What the hell man?! You didn't tell us about that guy's weapon nor speed!! You worthless little shit!" Team W ganged up on kuon as they kicked and stomped on him.

"I swear i didnt know about it!" No one believed him.

Isagi stops the Wanima brothers, and they turn towards Isagi, but Kunigami stops them. An announcement then states that the seventh and eight matches are over.

Team W and Team Z end in a draw, 4-4, while Team V beats Team X with 5-2.

Team Z then start thinking about their final game against Team V. Not only Team V haven't lost yet, but they are also only 10 players now.

Team Z then see Kuon talking with Tsurugi, Nagi and Mikage from Team V, offering them the same deal he offered Team W. However, Tsurugi declines it, while Nagi and Mikage find it boring.

"Man, that guy never learns does he?" Ukiyo yawns as bachira pats her head, the small sparkles in his eyes.

Nagi feels really tired and asks Mikage to carry him back. He wonders why Kuon wants this deal and Mikage explains he wants to win, making Nagi note that being weak sounds like a hassle and if it was him, he would have just quit.

Nagi wonders if football is fun even if you lose. Isagi then shows himself, telling Nagi to not underestimate football. Mikage wonders who he is and as Isagi introduces himself and states he will defeat them.

"We'll be the ones taking victory!" Mikage says calmly while nagi stares over at isagi, then his eyes lands on Ukiyo who blankly stares at him back.

"You." Nagi catches everyone's attention, as he points at Ukiyo.

"Let's play together someday."

"Uh...sure i guess, might be a hassle tho." Ukiyo replies as she shrugs, not really caring about anything.

⚽️ AUTHOR ⚽️
Sorry for the lack of
Updating chapters since
Ive been focusing on my other
Books :3