Episode LIV~ A scar on her soul

{A/N: PG-13

{A/N: PG-13. The following chapter isn't written to hurt any feelings, and contains abuse and violence. If you've a sensitive mind or heart, kindly skip it. You won't miss anything important and can easily catch a brief in the next chapter.

Thank You.}

New York

Click of her high heels reverberates in the empty hallway as she steps out of the elevators on the 15th floor and proceeds towards her well-furnished and luxurious penthouse. After a long day of multiple meetings and annoying clients, she finally managed to slip out of the office once being dismissed by her equally frustrated boss. For some reason, he was distant as compared to other days. Maybe he fought with his fiancée? Who cares as long he pays her well for this head-spinning job? She had to give it to him, not a day ago, his soon to be wife met an accident, and here he was working with the same allegiance, instead of sitting at home and taking care of her.

Lauren was one nosy bitch, and in the end, she got what she deserved. Earlier, Rita was left petrified of Patrick's action. Now, she knew what he did was right, otherwise, they must be rotting in a penitentiary. Still, Rita couldn't pinpoint where the RED FINANCE went. There has to be an explanation. Last she saw, Lauren was carrying it in her handbag. She was sure that the CEO hasn't read it yet, or chaos must've broken.

Pulling out the keys from her handbag, she turns on the lock before pressing a passcode on the nearby security machine. A beep was heard followed by unlocking the door. With a heavy sigh, she enters her sanctum and discards the keys in a bowl near the entrance. The usual sway of her hips was absent and she gets rid of the high heels which were puncturing her soft sole. Paddling barefoot on the carpeted floor, she heads towards the open kitchen and has some water. The cool aqua soothes her dried throat and she instantly slackens. Her stomach grumbles in hunger, making her open the refrigerator in search of any leftovers. Fresh green salad was waiting. Her brother cares so much about her. He was at his girlfriend's at the moment and didn't forget to cook for his sister, knowing she will skip dinner otherwise, being too lazy to cook for herself.

Filling a glass flute with white wine, she starts her dinner and stares at the wall clock.

11: 00 pm.

Checking for any emails and messages while chewing the veggie delight, she gulps wine and sighs at the aftertaste. Once finished with dinner, she washes the dishes and saunters towards the first floor of her den and enters the pristine boudoir. Removing the professional outfit and throwing it in the laundry bin, she takes a shower and wears a see-through dark negligee for bed over a sexy pair of lacy lingerie. Yeah, blame her for choosing such a provocative style for bed, but Rita has always been a fan of sexy nightwear and this wasn't something new for her. They were cool and comfortable. She wants to look beautiful just for herself.

The moment she was ready to pass out in the protection of her walls, a doorbell was heard in the silence of the lonely penthouse. A frown marred between her brows and she raised her head from the pillow. Another bell rang and she grabs a silk robe to cover herself. Climbing out of the soft covers, she walks towards the main door with a thudding heart.