-4-

Annop POV

I loosened my grip on his shirt , glanced him once again before I dragged him into the empty club room. He sat on the chair while I rummaged through the bags for something. I placed a box on the table with a thud , Niran asked ' Is that a sewing kit ? '. I nodded saying ' You'll still be able to wear that shirt , If I do this button '. Niran seemed surprised at the fact that I knew sewing , my proud shoulders whispering " I told you !! It will come handy one day ".

Mindlessly I grabbed the needle and squatted down, while Niran sat on the chair man spreading. He got flustered, his voice went one pitch high saying ' Huhhh P'Annop , Do we have to do this in this position ? '. I couldn't help but laugh, I'm not a saint with pure mind. I stared at him , asking ' Then , Do you want to take your shirt off ? ' . Niran shook his head vigorously then closed his legs and stretched them to his side sitting in a mermaid position. The boy looked more than flustered it was like he was shy. In a calm demeanour , I placed the button on the torn part and pulled the thread sewing it in place. The silence hit the shore like peaceful waves on the ocean.

Niran decided to break it by asking ' Nop- Ah P'Annop !! I never imagined you could sew ! It's so unexpected '. I looked at him , giving a half smile I said ' I don't have a father and my mother works a job. So, I help out with all the household chores '. He listened intently, saying ' That seems very...difficult'. Pulling the thread once again I said ' It's not that bad. I would say it's a tedious and backbreaking job but I'm still attending college even though we aren't rolling in cash , thanks to the scholarship. I'm doing so , attending the university so that I can graduate and get a nice job , support my mother and be happy in life '. Niran mumbled quietly ' P' Annop is really amazing ' , but it was loud enough for a person with keen ears like me.

He looked at me and it was so obvious that wants to share something. I gave him attention and he said ', I have been spoiled by parents throughout my entire life. I didn't have to make special efforts to get into college. There's nothing that I really want to do. I'm ashamed of myself '. I stood up abruptly hearing that , there we go his sad puppy eyes again and I couldn't look at them being sad. Pointing at him I yelled, ' You've had a privilege life , Right ? Dude !! You have got all the time in the world to figure out what you wanna do with your life. Every person's circumstances are different. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and cheer up '. What a weird way to console a guy , no wonder the nong's call me grumpy cat. Niran nodded and gave a thankful smile. I diverted the attention towards the button saying ' It's done. I forcibly made you sit through it. And the colour of the thread is not even matching with your shirt. Just throw it away if it's not to your liking '. The boy clutched on to his shirt tightly screaming ' Never !! '. Then mumbling the words ' I will treasure it '.

My stomach rumbled , eyes sweated a little. I thought to myself ' I must be feeling overwhelmed and thankful cause it's not like everyday someone says that they will treasure something that I barely managed to do. Yeah that's it... That's what I'm feeling right now....'

——————-

I clung to the blue handle on the metal bar , my head resting on my shoulders. Looking out the window, The sun dipped low, painting the sky in a fiery palette of oranges and pinks. Amidst the tranquil beauty of the sunset, the city below buzzed with activity. People hurried along the streets, cars honked, and buildings stood tall, a juxtaposition of serenity and chaos. In that moment, I was happy to witness the harmonious coexistence of peace and commotion in the urban landscape. My phone vibrated indicating the arrival of a text message, it was my cousin " Meung!!! We got some snow cards and abalones sent to us. Father asked you to come pick up some ", I replied ' Alright, I'm exhausted today. I will stop by tomorrow '. I glanced at the time one last time , it was already 6.20 pm. Just a few more minutes before the sun changes it's shift with the moon.

My peace disrupted again as the mechanical voice announced the next station is Thonburi , Make sure to exit via the doors on the left. The screen doors opened with a whush and I got down , swiping my travel card on the machine I made my way out. Thankfully, my house is just a 5-minute walk from the station but it's more like 10 minutes with my habit of walking slow and steady. Unlocking my phone , I tapped on the play button. My walk to home accompanied by the R&B mix starting with Do me right by brb.

Within a few minutes, 3 songs into my playlist I came home. I was greeted by my mother , ' Mom, Ahh Why are you home early ? '. My mother patted my shoulders saying ' The manager left early, So the team members took their golden chance. By the way , I made แกงเขียวหวาน ( green curry ) and I got you some chicken rice from your favourite Moonlight chicken shop at the next block. I happily thanked my mother , we had some good mother and son time dining delicious dishes.

-x-