Kabuto Sucks (As If We Didn't Know That Already)

I followed Kabuto down the long hallway, Sasuke slightly behind me, unsure of where we were headed. I started feeling nervous, warily looking around and keeping an eye on Kabuto.

"Calm down, Blossom. You know the agreement was that you wouldn't be harmed."

"Don't call me Blossom. And that was Orochimaru's agreement, not yours, so don't even pretend like I'm safe with you. We all know I'm not," I retorted, feeling comfort in the familiarity of anger to dissipate my unease.

Kabuto chuckled, and a chill shot down my spine at his bemused tone. "That is true..."

He whipped around and slammed his hands on the wall behind me, on either side of my head, a self-satisfied smirk on his face.

Sasuke violently started forward, but seemed to force himself to stop. As it was, he let out a low warning growl. "Kabuto, we can't hurt her. Orochimaru will die."

He turned his face towards Sasuke with a grin. "Oh relax. If I wanted to hurt her, I would've done it by now."

"Oh yeah? Well, this sure is a comfort," I snapped back sarcastically, crossing my arms and glaring.

He leered at me, leaning in closer. Internally, I started to panic, but outwardly I showed signs of nothing but anger.

Baka, Sakura, why did you have to remind him of that? My Inner self chided.

"Get away from me," I warned, my voice dangerously low.

I hated when people invaded my personal space. Ever since I first started working at the hospital and found out that a young, pretty doctor was a blaring target for pedophiles and creeps pretending to need assistance - only to attack me when we were alone-, I avoided physical touch like the plague. There were only a select few people who were allowed to get near me, including Naruto and Ino.

And, apparently, Sasuke, if this morning was anything to go by.

Speaking of whom, he grabbed Kabuto's arm and yanked him back away from me. Just in time, too. I had been two seconds away from blasting him with a chakra infused fist.

I grit my teeth in anger as Kabuto burst out laughing. His laugh echoed through the hallway as me and Sasuke shared an angry glance. When he was finally done, he wiped a tear- a tear! That shit wasn't even funny!- from his face and howled, "You should've seen your face! You were absolutely terrified!"

Me and Sasuke shared another look before I fixed him with a steely gaze. "Maybe if you spent as much time looking for a cure as you did fucking around, I wouldn't have had to come heal your precious master," I spoke with a smirk, knowing it was a jab at not only his pride, but also his loyalty to Orochimaru.

Sasuke snorted, not bothering to hide it as it was another wound to Kabuto's pride.

His grin slipped off his face instantly, and he glared at me as he silently resumed walking, no doubt remembering what I was there for in the first place.

Another bonus of my jab.

So we followed him down the hallway, and after a few more minutes of silent walking, we finally stopped at a room where Kabuto had to use a key to open it. I knew it was serious then, because hardly any doors in this place were locked. Not even Sasuke's door had a lock on it (though I doubted he needed one- most people would be smart enough not to interrupt him on anything).

I swallowed nervously, dreading what was behind that door.

Kabuto twisted the snakehead doorknob- which seemed to be the default decoration in this place. Then, with a dramatic flourish, he swung open the door and flipped on the lights.