Tongue Tied

I was exhausted. Between work and the kids, everything was stressing me out. Rumi and Sir were disappointed as I expected and have been acting up. They keep fighting each other and arguing. Blue was the only one acting semi normal. She's been spending more time with Nic. They've been making little songs together in my in home studio and they actually sound really good. I'm not that surprised, Blue already has a Grammy and Nicki told me she has a passion for music. She's been teaching Blue how to write raps and it's funny to hear her rap about her middle school drama.

I was currently at work doing this paperwork for our new artist. I had to get Solana's office disinfected, Lord knows how many women she had in here doing God knows what. I've been having my guys track her. I know exactly where she is, she's not that smart if we're being honest. The only reason she still has her life is because of Nicki. The moment she gets disrespectful again, I'm bringing out Sasha Fierce. As I was doing paperwork, there was a knock on the door. I told whoever it was to come in. It was Jhené, our new artist.

"Hey Bey, we're about to go to the studio and record. I thought you'd wanna be there."

I smiled at her and nodded. She has a great voice. When I heard it, it brought me to tears. She's going to make me a lot of money.

"I'll be there in a minute, thank you."

She smiled and left the room. This paperwork was killing me, the one thing I hated about signing new artists. I did my part and the only things that were left were the parts Jhené had to sign. I left the office and quickly stopped by Nic's since it was right next to mine. I knocked on the door and opened it. She was typing away on the computer. When she looked at me, she smiled and motioned for me to come in.

"Hey baby, I was just about to go downstairs to listen to Jhené."

I moved to behind her desk and gave her a few pecks. She smiled into the kiss and kissed me back.

"I was just heading there. We can walk together."

We both left and went to the studio. When we got there, Jhené already started. Her voice sounds so good.

"Yeah, Yeah, ah
Similar ways, similar game
Starting to feel the similar pain
Are you sure, we haven't met before?
I know ya face, I know ya name
But I don't know you
Isn't that crazy? Isn't that crazy?"

For some reason her lyrics reminded me of Shawn. It's crazy how I didn't know that man at all. The man I loved wouldn't have did what he did to me. I started to tear up. I haven't properly dealt with the situation. There are times I wake up and I'm really depressed over the whole situation. I loved him since I was a teenager and he completely ruined it. I thought he would be it but he proved to me that he didn't feel the same.

Onika seemed to notice I was in my head because she grabbed my hand and stroked her thumb over my knuckles. I sent her a small smile and continued listening to Jhené.

"I think we may be
In a different book, on a different page
You said you were different
But you're the same, stranger
I can not tell you
How many times there have been
That were just like you
I do not need you
Cause you are just like them
I meet 'em everyday
They all seem to be the same
Lame, okay"

He is lame, as hell actually. I started to get mad all over again. How could he do that to me? Did our relationship mean nothing to him? Did he even love me? All these questions swirled through my head as I listened to Jhené sing. The more she sung, the sadder I got. I didn't even notice I was being pulled out the studio until I was in the hallway. Nicki came into my line of vision with a worried look on her face. She caressed my face and tilted her head.