Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Sydney's pov :

3 weeks later Charlie and I had wrapped filming for the movie sequel and he had started filming his new show.  I had been auditioning but so far had gotten nothing but I had just arrived at Charlie's set to visit him . when I got there Charlie ran up and hugged me "im so happy your here" he said as he kissed me . I smiled and Charlie explained to me about the show and scene he was about to do the show was about Charlie a reckless college hockey player and Daniella who plays a dancer at the college and they meet due to a unusual circumstance that's the main idea of it Charlie said . Suddenly I heard two voices and wished I didn't "omg Dani I told you she would be here" ! Ashley said as they both walked up to us ever since that stunt Ashley pulled on set while she was our makeup artist Charlie wasn't a fan of her .
"Omg Sydney" ! Daniella said it's so good to see you ! Ash told me you hang out with Charlie but I thought she was joking ! I rolled my eyes at her comment she was trying the same method as Ashley did act fake in front of us . "I bet you're sad you didn't get the part"  she said as she still smiled . "I didn't even audition" I responded oh right that's because they had seen my video of my dancing skills on Tik tok and chose me and didn't audition anyone she said as she laughed . Charlie had been called over by a producer so now I was alone with them which was even worse . "So Sydney are you nervous about Charlie working with another girl what if he decides he likes Daniella better" Ashley said as she laughed . "I didn't know what to say to that and tried not to make eye contact the truth was yeah I was a little nervous but I don't think Charlie would ever change his mind well I think but before I could worry about it I heard his voice respond . "Funny that you girls think that but just know that will never happen" . He smiled at them while he grabbed my hand pulling me away from them . I went with Charlie to watch Daniella's scene that was up cause he would shoot one right after her she was performing her dance in this beautiful costume she was just as good as the last time I seen her probably even better then that I could see why they choose her for the part plus since she had been taking acting lessons since she was a small child .
She did her giant switch leap and that's when disaster struck she slipped on the landing and definitely had a break the cameras stopped and a ambulance came and took her away everyone was in shock there was a break in the filming for a few hours until they knew if she was ok to keep filming or if the worst had happened a couple hours later Charlie and all the other actors and crew were called together "Daniella had a break she's in a cast and out for 6-8 weeks the director announced so we either needed  to pause filming until then or recast and we have decided to recast it will probably take a while to find someone with dance experience as well I was sitting near but wasn't in the conversation even though I could still hear it . I noticed Charlie look over at me and I I knew the next words that were gonna come out of his mouth Sydney can do it and she's right here already Charlie said pointing over to me he had introduced me to everyone when I got to the set that morning and since our first movie was out and so was the new Julie and the phantoms season was most of them knew about me . The look in Charlie's eyes was hopeful knowing that we could work together yet again which is rare but the opportunity had now come up again the producer and director walked over to Charlie and I could see them quietly talking . Charlie walked over to me next and grabbed my hand they want to see you dance could you ? Those words make my anxiety start to creep in "Charlie I haven't danced in 5 years what if I'm awful what if I end up doing what Daniella did I don't know if I can do it plus my mom is not here" I said . as I felt a tear roll down my cheek "I know you want to work together again Charlie I do too I just don't know"  I said as I started to panic . "He pulled me into a hug I'm sorry your mom isn't here syd but she's always watching you and I'm positive she's so proud of you I'm so proud of you "ok" I said as I took a deep breath I'll be nearby if you need me he said the producer found a speaker and I connected my phone to it and turned it to my song it was called turn to you by Justin bieber it was my solo song the last year I danced Justin wrote the song for his mom for Mother's Day one year and the last year I danced was the year my mom got sick so I dedicated that solo to her . I stood in the middle of the set that was set up like a dance studio I was so nervous what if I forgot the steps I mean it has been 5 years  but I closed my eyes took a deep breath and as soon as the music started it all came back to me I imagined I was on stage again with my mom in the audience before I knew it I had finished and everyone around me was clapping did I really do that good ?
"Oh my gosh Sydney that was amazing" Charlie said running up to me . "You really think I did good ? I asked . Before he could answer the producer director  and casting director came over to us . "Sydney we would like to offer you the part of Lillyana" oh wow thank you" I replied . "You have the skills and the chemistry with Charlie is obviously there so we agree you're the perfect fit".
"If you could start filming right away" the director added while handing me the script . "Of course" I responded they left and I turned to Charlie and smiled I had been auditioning for the past two weeks since we had finished shooting our movie and gotten nothing this was great news . We then took a week for me to learn the script and the choreography for the part and soon enough they were ready to film again the one problem was what happened the morning we got to set . "I'm here I can do it just ignore this"  Daniella said walking into the set on crutches with Ashley tailing behind .
Then she spotted me in well what was her costume "you ! She shouted as she hopped over to me just because your boyfriend is in this doesn't allow you to steal my part I got this part fair and square". Now I understand she's upset she lost her part and is injured but this girl was delusional shouting at me. "Daniella Sydney auditioned for us fairly and I'm very sorry you cannot dance with your broken foot And we're on a schedule we can't wait 6 to 8 weeks for you to heal so we can start our filming" Edward the director replied to her . "But out of everyone why did you pick her" Ashley said standing beside Daniella now .  Edward looked shocked about that question but me with those two it didn't faze me at all "well since you asked Sydney has very good dance skills plus acting which I've seen before and even though it doesn't happen in the industry very much she's dating Charlie and with the romance parts of this series it's perfect for that I'm very sorry we can no longer have you in the role Daniella but keep in touch with us and maybe when your healed we can work together somehow " he responded. Daniella rolled her eyes and turned around storming out of the set on her crutches with Ashley running behind her . "I'm sorry about that Sydney" Edward said once they left "oh that's ok I'm used to them I went to school with both of them" I said . Then a frantic Charlie came rushing over to me from the makeup trailer "I heard someone was threatening you are you ok what happened? "I grabbed his face and looked him  in the eyes "Charles I'm fine stop worrying about me" his eyes softened and his look of worry went away . "Daniella came back upset and angry that her part went to someone else specifically me but Edward explained to her and she now left".
"Wow ok" Charlie said as he seemed to calm down . "Your okay though ? He asked "yes Charlie I'm fine I repeated"  . "Charlie Sydney you both ready to start filming? Fiona who was one of the producers asked.  I nodded "yes I think I'm ready" I responded I could not wait for this new adventure .