Chapter 07

KEIRA

Keira noticed the expression on the magician's face, it was a mix of longing and shock. The magician continue to look into her eyes without even blinking for a few moment until Keira broke their eye contact, facing away with a flushed face.

"Are you still mad at me, Keira?" the magician questioned her. He sounded a bit sad, Keira took a peek at his face and thought that she had saw a sad puppy's ears and tail on him.

"Ahem, excuse my behaviours before. I acted fairly childish in front of you.... And thank you for healing my injuries." Keira sheepishly said.

The magician spoke once again, trying to reassure Keira. "No no, it was my fault. I teased you a bit too much, Keira." The magician looked rather sad when Keira behaved more formally with him, it's as if he preferred the rash and clumsy Keira more than the cold and reserved Keira in front of him.

"You can act childishly with me all you want, Keira. I would never be mad at you for that." The magician moved closer to her, patting her head like an older brother would do to their younger sister.

Keira was flustered by the interaction as she had never received such warmth from an older male before.  Her face went red and steam came out of her ears as she heard the magician said that.

"Wha- Who even are you? Why do you act so familiar with me?" Keira brushes off his hand from her head and tidies her hair again after the magician had messes it up with his pats.

The magician seemed to be taken aback by Keira's words that he momentarily froze. He was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"I'm Lucas Agriche. One of the magic tower's magician." Lucas gave a sly smirk as he kissed Keira's hand in a gentleman's manner. Keira just smiled awkwardly as she deals with this gentleman-noble wannabe magician.

"So.. Lucas what were you actually doing here?" Keira was curious about the actual purpose of the magician if he's not here to assassinate her father.

"Well, I uh- Love the flowers?" Lucas scratched his head as he confidently (not) tells her his actual(?) reason.

"What?" Keira was puzzled by the unexpected response and gave him a 'wtf' look.

"It's a joke! Ha ha!" Lucas made a pose with his fingers on his chin trying to appear cool(?) in front of Keira.

"..." Keira decided to delete that interaction from her memory so that she wouldn't get second-hand embarrassment again.

"How long will you be staying anyway?" Keira looked away from Lucas as she twirls her hair.

Lucas chuckled seeing her reaction. It just hit him that he really was gone from home that long. He misses his younger sister a lot.

"I don't actually know yet..." Keira tilted her head at Lucas' response.

"Maybe until I can grant you freedom, my sister." Lucas looked away and whispered to himself.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you." Keira stepped closer to him.

"I said it's boring here my lady, we should go out to town or something." Lucas grinned at the young miss.

"That definitely was not what you just said!"

"Well you how would you know? You said you didn't here me right?" Lucas smirked as he teased her and Keira pouted in response.

"Well, come on what are you waiting for, dear Amethyst?" Lucas grabbed Keira's hand and pulled her into a hug as they began to glow.

"Wait- Lucas! Give me a moment-" Keira began to panic as her body starts glowing but Lucas hugged her tightly, full of protectiveness.