E P I O U G E (8)

Three weeks later....

Alectrona's pov...

Pregnancy is a phrase for women where everyone learns to be mature, strong and desperate. The little life you grow inside your body day by day, giving your blood, energy, food and everything, teaches you to be an ultimate protector for your baby.

Pregnancy can even calm the woman down who was restless for all of her life, makes the woman strong enough to raise weapon against the person who dare to think harm for her baby.

Though not all mother are same but most of them are like this.

Me too, isn't exceptional.

It's 6 months and 17 days of my pregnancy running. My body has changed it's form, I've gained fat a lot. My stomach has grown with my two babies already.

Ken helps me a lot with walking, my morning sicknesses and unwanted cravings. Jeon comes to meet me in late nights. It is complicated to stay away from my husband like this but as Jeon said, I need to be here pretend like captivated and fight against the people who decided to harm my baby.

In these days when I feel my babies are growing up inside me, a different emotions started to build up on my mind. Seems like I got into another world of my life where these babies are going to fulfill us with their very presence.

Do all mothers feel the same for their baby?

No. Atleast not mine.

I was trembled to hear from Jeon about the second lady whom I was pointing as too familiar, turns out my mother.

Richa Sengupta.

I was very young when mom took me away from Dad and flied over to India just because she wanted to torture me. I was the victim of her torture but actually the pain was for my Dad.

After flying back to America and then to Korea after marrying Jeon, I almost forgot that I was ever tortured by my mom. To be honest, I almost forgot her existence.

However, she doesn't.

Neither she forgets my existence not she leaves her mentality to harm me. In these times, I keep listening how they're planning to leave me with nothing but a childless, husbandless woman who have nothing except sorrow.

The thought shivered me.

I cried a lot. Ken keeps being there to cheer me up. His excitement for my babies is like he's going to be the real uncle for them.

“ Mrs. Jeon, your lunch is here. ”

Ken pushes the table towards my bed and starts to serve my lunch. I chuckle a little.

“ Ken, you're being a father figure to me. You know that? ”

Ken laughs, “ I do definitely have a ten years old son and you're a bit older to be my daughter. But again , I won't mind. ”

I laugh loudly. Not him being in his late 30s talking about being father of 23 years old me.

“ Guess my Dad got a tough competitor. ”

We both burst into laughter. I take a bite of my rice and munch slowly before gulping the food.

“ Ken, you said you've a son. Bring him along when my babies are here, they'll get a company for playing. ”

Ken nods before pouts a little.

“ That's so bad, Mrs. Jeon. I thought you're going to invite me to play with them. I am disappointed. ”