CHAPTER 18

The day of the competition, at the kitchen room, Shioriko and Alisa stand in front of the cooking table. At the main table, the meat, chicken and vegetables stay inside their receptive bowls. Meadow looks at both of them. 

"This cooking competition will determine who is the real champion. The ingredients are fresh from the farm owned by common people so there won't be any sabotage from the power influence people," said Meadow. He looks at Alisa and Shioriko. "Both contestant need to do a 3 dishes Japanese meal. You have 2 hours to prepare everything. Good luck," said Meadow. He looks at the clock. "The time starts now," said Meadow. 

Juuna looks at Shioriko that rush towards the table where the fresh meat and vegetables are. 

"Looks like they have begin." She looks at Tsuruhime twins that stand beside her. 

"Yeah. Just begin a few minutes ago," said Juuna. 

"But why Daiba-san agrees to join the competition instead of ignoring what he said?" asked Sayo. 

"Because she is part of the project. Also her pride as the best cook won't allowed it," said Juuna. 

"Wait, you mean the same project Oneechan is part of it?" asked Hina, surprised. 

"Hina," scolded Sayo.

Tamao, Fumi and Kyoko look at Alisa that begin cooking her first course. 

"Looks like he is determined to win the competition," said Tamao. 

"Because she is aiming for his heart as well," said Kyoko. 

"Aiming for his heart?" asked Tamao, confused. 

"You're saying that she has a crush on him?" asked Fumi. 

"Since middle school. After the accidents, she do all her best to cheer him up," said Kyoko. 

"I wish we can do the same at that time," said Tamao. 

"Well, this is your chance. He already accept both of you along with Nijima-san," said Kyoko.

Meadow looks at Alisa that prepares for the second dish. Aya stands beside him. 

"How is she?" asked Aya. 

"Right now, she is focus on her task," said Meadow. 

Aya smiles. 

"Hopefully everything goes well. This is where Mitake and Daiba show their real skills and talent in cooking," said Aya.

Alisa puts the second course on the plate. Sshe looks at the ingredients. 'Looks like it is enough for th final dish' thinks Alisa. She looks at Shioriko that prepares her third dish. 'I will try my best to win this competition' thinks Alisa as she heads towards the ingredients table.

2 hours passed, Shioriko and Alisa stands at the table where their 3 Japanese dishes. 

"The first  judge is the well-known chef that has 19 Michelin Stars. He begins from just normal cook in a common people's restaurant and work his way up to the top. His name is Chef Gordon. The second judge is also a well-known chef. She also likes Chef Gordon, begin from normal chef and works her way up. Her name is Chef Akari Kito. Both of the judges will check on the quality of the foods based on the criteria; the texture, the taste and how the ingredient mixed," explained Meadow. He looks at the judges. "Now, the judges will taste your food," said Meadow as the chefs head towards the table.

Juuna, Sayo and Hina look at the chefs that taste the food. 

"I hope everything is fine," said Juuna. 

"What do you mean?" asked Sayo. 

"The reason Shioriko agrees on the competition because he thinks she wins the national competitions by using her family influences instead of her skills and talents. So she wants to proves him wrong by agreeing to his conditions," said Juuna. 

"Why does he wants both Daiba-san and Mitake-san to use common people's ingredients?" asked Sayo. 

"I am not sure," said Juuna. 

"Maybe because he thinks the great cook can create any great cuisine with available ingredients. Since he thinks Daiba wins by either using her cook to cook the food or buying the best ingredients from the famous well known supermarket, he wants to test Daiba's skills by cooking using common people's ingredients," said Hina. 

"I never think of that," said Juuna. 

"If you're really serious about your studies instead of playing around, you already get accepted to the school of gifted children," said Sayo. 

"But I want to go to school together with Oneechan," whined Hina.

Later, the judges stand in front of the classroom as Meadow holds the piece of paper. 

"After much consideration and calculations, we have the results. With only difference of 0.00001 point, the winner is Alisa Mitake," said Meadow. 

Alisa hugs Kyoko while Shioriko sighs. Juuna looks at Shioriko that looks at the ground. She then looks at Meadow. 

"So, you just proves that Shioriko doesn't deserve to win the competition. Now what?" asked Juuna. 

Meadow shakes his head. 

"With just 0.0001 point different, it just mean that Daiba has the skills and talents. She only wins because she relied on power influence people's ingredients which normally high quality," said Meadow. 

After the cleanup, Meadow, Tamao, Fumi, Alisa and Kyoko walk out from the building. 

"Where to?" asked Fumi. 

"Shophouses. I need to buy groceries for tonight's dinner," said Meadow. 

"Let's go together. I want to learn more about you," said Fumi. 

"Are you sure? Shiori-chan is waiting for you at home," said Meadow. 

"Actually, I already text her and she wants to join us. Our limo should be here by now," said Fumi. 

Meadow looks at a limousine that stops in front of them. Shiori walks out from the limousine and waves towards them. They run towards her. 

"Hello Shiori-chan," said Meadow. 

"Meadow-san. Are you going to shophouse now?" asked Shiori. 

"Yes, we are waiting for you," said Meadow. 

Shiori smiles. 

"Thank you," said Shiori.

Nearby, Juuna and Shioriko look at the small group. 

"You didn't win but he accept that you have the skills and talents," said Juuna. 

"But then, what are we going to do next?" asked Shioriko. 

"Hopefully, it stops him from hating us," said Juuna.  

She looks at Hina that runs towards them.

The group walk towards the nearby shophouses. 

"What are you planning to buy?" asked Tamao. 

"A few chopped meat, some vegetables. That's it since I still have few more days before my next paycheck," said Meadow. 

"If you want, we can help you buy more ingredients," said Fumi. 

"I'll be fine since my fridge can't fit too many fresh foods," said Meadow. 

"That small?" asked Fumi, shocked.

"Can I join?" They look at Hina that stands in front of them.