prologue

PROLOGUE

.・。.・゜✭・.🔪

Blood. There was so much blood everywhere. The metallic tang and stench of it was enough to make him choke. He coughed and gagged, and fear gripped his heart in a tight vice.

What the hell happened here?

The door of his apartment slammed shut, and he jumped ten feet in the air.

A chill runs down his spine.

The police.

He needed to call the police.

This was a crime scene that he just walked into. A crime that occurred in his best friend's apartment.

Where was his best friend?

And, where was Mal?

Curiosity got the better of him.

He found the courage to move, one foot in front of the other. Glancing down at the wooden floors, he saw copious amounts of thick, crimson blood that trailed from the front door to the kitchen; behind the kitchen's island, someone was badly injured—this much he knew. With a fire lit under his ass, he followed the trail, careful not to step in any blood puddles. Despite wanting to vomit what little contents he had in his stomach, he knew he needed to place a face to this gruesome scene.

Get out.

Out.

Get out.

Call the cops.

No.

He couldn't.

He was stubborn.

He wanted to see it for himself, for he knew that, when the cops were called, he wasn't going to get the chance to see it. What it was, though, he didn't have a fucking clue. But something was wrong. He felt it in his gut—the dread and fear that roiled in his belly. Subconsciously, at least, he had a feeling of what he was going to stumble upon. And, he knew, that he wasn't ever going to be the same.

And there it was. Just as he crossed the threshold between the dining room and the kitchen, he saw it.

Their nearly lifeless body.

Gaping wounds.

Gargled breaths.

He fell to his knees atop the thick crimson puddle pooled around their body, horrified, screaming.

Game over. ❞ ✧ ೃ༄