𝟎𝟓

" Do we really get to do this?! Wow! "

The four students cheered, " I'm so glad you're in our team, Y/n. "

Y/n nods, though she knew what was coming. They had approached her specifically when neither Sakura or Akito were here, and now she was stuck pairing up with four people who seemed like they wouldn't be doing any work. 

' Nevermind. I'll manage. ' She thought to herself, ' it's just an activity. '

She gathered the paperwork, putting it in her bag and exiting the class once the bell rang. It was lunch hour, so she headed straight to her spot behind the building.

She could hear the excited sounds of Eita and Akito telling him to pipe down. She placed the food tray down, " Did you both bunk the previous hour? " She pouts slightly, 

" We were assigned an activity. "

" Is that so? What are we supposed to do? "

" Mhm, it's a survey. You need to visit the professor, he'll give you a bunch of questions. " she freed her hair, flinching as she slipped on a pebble.

" Whoa! Careful..." Eita caught her thankfully, " Are you okay? "

" Yeah. " she slumped, " I'm just
sleepy. " 

Akito offers her some coffee, staring at the sleeve she kept tugging. He hadn't missed the bruise of course, but did he really have the right to ask?

She was pretty closed off about her personal life and he didn't mind but if it was something bad for her then was he supposed to sit back?

Akito usually didn't meddle in people's business but he didn't want to....not be involved this time. Was she really okay? 

Soon enough, they're heading home and she's dozing off as she stands. He hesitantly tried to reach for her arms but she just slumps forward, " Oh,
sorry—"

" It's alright. " He gave her shoulder a squeeze, " Why don't you stand here—"

" Sit here, young lady. " A woman smiled as she stood up, " It's safer. "

" T-Thank you. "

Akito helps her, seeing as she's barely able to stand straight. He couldn't help but be more concerned the more he watched her. Did she really not get any sleep? What was the reason? 

When it's their stop, he wakes her up and helps her exit the station before holding her back from struggling any further. 

" Let's just call a cab for you. "

"...it's not that far, really. "

" Then climb on my back, I'll take you there. "

" What? No way, I'm....heavy. "

" Come on, you're in no position to argue. " he sighed softly, " Choose. "

"....I'll take the cab, then. You should head home, I've bothered you enough. "

" Mhm. I'll be dropping you off anyway. " He called a cab, watching as she tried to stay upright. 

" Y/n? "

" Mhm..." she looked at him through heavy eyes, " what happened? " 

"...is everything really okay? "

" Heh...you're worried, Yamada? " She stepped closer as she rubbed her eyes, her lips stretching further, " That's not surprising at all. Thank you for asking though. " 

thump! 

Akito stared, eyes slightly wide as she smiled at him tiredly yet so beautifully...smile, she was smiling at him...he couldn't believe it. 

He stared and stared, gently catching her wrist. " The thing is...I..." he sighed softly, "...saw the bruises. I didn't want to pry...but it's  concerning. " 

" Oh. " Y/n glanced at their hands, "...it's nothing. " She looked away, " I will tell you if I need any help. "

He nods, letting it be. He knows she's saying that just to reassure him, but it also means she is trying to draw a line as softly as possible, so he can't interfere anymore.

" The cab is here. " He opened the door of the car that pulled over, " Let's go. "

- - -

The cold burns her lungs, but there's nowhere she can really go, can she? She skipped the fences, jumping to hide under the pipe slide as she panted. 

There were footsteps, heavy and low calls of her name. She trembled at the thought of getting caught, she can't just let her see her. Or it'll be hard for her to attend classes.

Her body is already in pain, it seems as though she'll be catching a frostbite if she stayed out here any longer too. The air was cold, her breath escaping in mist. 

She stared at her phone screen, hands shaky as she pondered, panic taking over her senses. ' No...how can I bother him? No. I shouldn't... '

But...

' I really just...want to see him right now....'

" Just stop hiding already, you bitch! Give me the money you made today. " The voice slurred, " I need to get my booze! I'll lose all my bets  too!! "

A few more minutes pass by and she hears the footsteps disappear along with fainting voices. Heart pounding against her chest, she peeked out and found no one around.

Sneakily stepping out, she bolted towards the main road again, body trembling by the time she's reached the front door. 

Gripping on her phone, she leaned against the door as she tried to catch her breath, stumbling. She flinched, pulling away as she realized she pressed the doorbell. 

' Oh no... '

The door opened, "...Y-Yamada..."

" Y/n? " He stepped out, " What's wrong? Are you okay—"

She sighed, eyes fluttering close as she stepped closer, arms snaking around his neck. The warmth his body provides against hers eventually calms her emotions down. 

' You're fine. She didn't find you. '

- - - 

Akito stepped back, letting the door fall shut as he realized she's dressed too thin for the cold outside, her body was trembling against his. He frowned, tightening his grip. 

" Hey...it's alright now. " He mumbled softly, " Come with me. Sit here. " 

Wrapping the blankets around her, he quickly makes some tea, sitting beside her. 

" Here, drink this. "

"....sorry. "

" For what? "

"...I woke you up. "

" I was up. " He mumbled softly, grabbing her index finger that kept picking at the skin on her thumb, " You're too cold. Warm up first. " She nods slowly, melting in the warm blankets and the steaming cup of tea. 

A good few minutes later, he placed the empty cup aside and watched as she fiddled with the hem of his blanket. 

" How long have you been out? "

"....it's...been a few hours. "

" May I ask why? "

end.