CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Trevor went to his thankfully empty condo , his lonely condo, shortly after dropping off River. He looked at the mess his exlover had left behind. He looked at Robert's key that he had left behind on the thankfully not shattered glass coffee table next to a ripped up picture of the two of them at Disney World. They were both smiling and wearing Mickey Mouse ears with Trevor kissing a smiling Robert on his olive toned cheek. Good times. Happy times. He didn't think he would be that happy ever again.

In his mind he remembered the other man on top of Robert's gorgeous nude body in their bed. He remembered hearing Robert moaning in pleasure as the man was inside him. He never moaned for Trevor. He remembered them jumping up when he yelled at them.

Then he remembered River kissing him in the Uber. His fingers went to his lips and he closed his eyes. Robert's kisses had been good. Scotty's had been nice and tentative. But River....... River's kiss.... He couldn't describe what the young man's kiss had sparked inside him. But it had sparked something he had not felt in years. Even with Robert who he had once thought he would end up marrying.

As he shifted his suddenly very tired body from his chair over to the sofa, trying to avoid looking at the hurtful words sprayed on the wall , he pulled out his phone and called his maid service to schedule in Maria to come clean tomorrow. He planned to tip her an extra hundred dollars for coming out on such short notice. He leaned back against the sofa and sighed with his eyes closed. Today was such a strange day.

He was nominated for the Supreme Court.

He lost a man he once loved. Although he was not really sure how much he had loved him .

He had been kissed by a new client. A new much younger beautiful client. And he enjoyed it. He had wanted it to last forever. He had wanted to go in the club with River. When he asked him to have a drink his mouth opened to say yes but no had came out. When he said no he had wanted to take it back but couldn't. He still saw the hurt on the man's extraordinary face.

Why had he kissed him? , Trevor wondered. An old sick man who could barely stand for a few minutes without the aid of a cane or walker. Why on earth would someone like River Steele kiss him?

His cell phone beeped with an incoming text. He hoped it was River for some strange reason. And not because he was a client either. Was his odd feelings for the young man just rebound? Maybe.

He looked at his phone. Wonderful. His younger brother Joseph who was a paramilitary operations officer for the Central Intelligence Agency. Better known as the CIA. He never ever heard from Joe. He never ever knew where his forty year old brother was at any given time. Hell he was the only person in the family or outside it that even knew Joe was a  CIA agent. Even their parents had never knew the truth. They had thought Joe was just an accountant who traveled a lot. Trevor had guessed one day and Joe confirmed it. He also threatened to kill him if he ever told anyone what he really did. Trevor still didn't know if his brother had been serious about the threat but he kept his secret. Why was he texting him?

Joe : Saw you on news. With Abby Steele's son. You should not be representing him. He's going to take a fall for this murder. Don't ask how I know. If you want to be a justice stay away from him and this case. And delete this text or I'll kill you.