Chapter 3

I've been counting the days, weeks, and months of how long it's been since it all started its been about a year now and nothing's changed I've went on a few runs for supplies and that's it, my cat is doing well I found him some more tuna and cat food, I decided to name him tiger because he has strips.
I need to go on another run my last one was about 2 days ago and I'm running low on supplies.
I headed out to the store that's a couple miles away it's not that far to walk, the world has fell to complete shit, it's all about killing nowadays.

When I got back to my cabin the door was wide open and it was silent I thought those things got in but then I heard a noise coming from the other room, I opened the door slowly and there was a guy who looked about my age just standing there I pulled my knife to his head. Who are you and What do you want?
My name is Carl. He said
Well what do you want?
I didn't think anyone lived here so I came in and found this cat. Does he belong to you?
Yes that's my cat.
Well what's your name?
Shelby, and yours?
My name is Carl nice to meet you, so I have a group, you should come with me back to them it's safer then it is here we have a prison that's bolted up with barbed wire fences all around it.
How far is it? I asked
It's about 4 miles south of here do you want to come along? I guess it wouldn't hurt to be safer so sure, let me just grab all of my supplies.
No need to we have plenty.
Well I have a lot so we don't run out. Ok well Let's go just follow me
Ok, thanks again.
Oh no problem we need to add more strong people to our group, there is a bad group who's our enemy and their leader calls himself the governor, they attack us and kill our good people.
That sounds terrible!