Prologue

I was on a plane and didn't exactly know where I was going. I kept anxious to reach my destination and find out where I would arrive and what awaited me.

The plane was about to land, the passengers had already returned their seats to the upright position, including mine. The plane landed, and I wasted no time in getting out of the aircraft as quickly as I could. I rushed to grab my luggage and walked through the airport door; I seemed to know exactly where I was going, as if I had made that journey many times before.

As I stepped out of the door, I looked around, desperate to know where I was and what awaited me in that land. That's when I heard my name being called once, and I looked around to see where that voice was coming from.

"Chloe?" The male voice called me again, and I finally saw him.

He was a tall guy with long hair down to his shoulders, wearing sweatpants, black sneakers, and a black hoodie, just like the one I was wearing. His hoodie seemed quite heavy, and I could feel the cold on my nose and hands.

"You finally made it!" I walked up to him without any hesitation, even though it didn't make sense in my head to approach a guy I didn't know, but at that moment he felt so familiar that it was inevitable not to walk up to him.

Why wasn't I waking up?

I approached him and was greeted with a peck on the lips followed by a hug, all completely reciprocated! Why wasn't my body obeying my head? How could I kiss and hug a guy I've never seen in my life?

"Come on, the kids are going crazy waiting for you!"

He put the suitcases in the car trunk, opened the door for me to get into the vehicle, walked around the car, got in, and sat beside me, placing his hand on my thigh before starting the engine.

"I missed you, my love!" The guy started the car engine and drove off.

I watched the landscapes passing by through the window, but I didn't recognize any of it. Despite my attempts to leave, I felt so calm; having that guy beside me gave me a sense of security.

The guy parked the car in front of a not-too-big house, unbuckled his seatbelt, and looked at me with a smile.

"We're here!" His smile was beautiful, his eyes smiled along with it. Having me there with him was what he wanted, and annoyingly, it was what I started to want after a while.

I got out of the car, a smile already taking over my face. The phrase he had said, "The kids are going crazy waiting for you!" was spinning in my head as I followed him into the house.

"Kids, we're here!" I observed the house.

It was a spacious living room with two sofas in the back, no rug on the floor, and an opening on the side leading to a backyard. The walls were white, and only the one with a television was gray. I heard a dog barking, and then another one. At the side opening, two golden retrievers appeared and ran towards me, jumping and placing their paws on me. I petted them and laughed as they greeted me.

"Lucas, Dani, Sarah, Gabi?" the guy shouted again, and I heard a noise coming from the stairs.

There was a boy no older than ten standing in front, he also had long hair, a little lighter than mine, and his eyes were light brown. Behind him came a girl who couldn't be older than eight, she had pigtails in her black hair, and her eyes were the same color as her older brother's. She was holding the hand of a little girl who was at least two years old, who in turn had lighter hair with a headband holding it back, and then came a boy of about four years old, his smile was similar to the guy who picked me up at the airport, and his eyes were as dark as mine.

"Mama!" The three older ones shouted when they saw me petting the two dogs and ran downstairs. The four of them hugged me together, I bent down to pick up the littlest one, and stroked the heads of the other three.

What is stopping me from waking up?

They asked me many questions, if I had bought gifts, how the trip had been, if I would be able to take them on the next trip, they showed me the lessons they had done at school while I was away, the smallest one continued on my lap, hugged with me, while the others ran around with a euphoria I had never seen before.

I looked for the guy who had accompanied me there but didn't find him. I stayed longer, sitting with the kids, laughing and listening to their stories.

My God, what peace, what tranquility, it was what I wanted, it was apparently what I needed.

"Mama, I asked Daddy in heaven to take care of your plane, so you could arrive safely, and He did that, right?" I nodded to the little boy, who I found out was named Daniel.

"Did you see the dress I chose for Gabriela, Mom? Isn't it beautiful?" I confirmed, once again, for the older girl named Sarah. And the one on my lap was named Gabriela.

"Daddy said you might not be able to come today, thank goodness you did! We missed you so much." Lucas, the oldest, stated and then turned to a nearby door. "Dad!" He shouted.

My eyes opened, and I sat up in bed, my heart was racing, but a smile on my face was inevitable to appear, and some tears rolled down my cheeks.

"This dream has to come true!"