16) Zzz...

1K READS??? YOU GUYS ARE THE SWEETEST! You are what keep me going <333 tysm to everyone who had kept up with my story and enjoyed it :)

Unedited mb gang.

"You win."

The motivation from her mother helped, but it didn't stop her body from hurting.

Once the adrenaline kicks in, she'll be fine.

Anytime now.

The dragon in the front lumbered forward, baring it's metal teeth in a way to reveal its canines. The screech of metal claws on marble made her cringe.

The dragon roared loudly with its buddy in tow, and the dragon shot forward.

Her heart was beating out her chest and she focused, grabbing the golden knuckles and diving out the way. The metal head crashed into the wall making her feel a bit of pride, tasting his own medicine.

Getting up was easy - the adrenaline had finally reached her heart and mind, making her ignore any past ailments. Ada let the golden knuckles slide down her slender fingers to reveal a perfect fit. The little notch must've been the blades Nike spoke of.

How did her mom know she loves to punch things? Must be an inherited trait.

Since the dragon had run into the wall, Ada assumed their turn radius was their weakness, somewhat similar to Festus.

The other dragon friend screeched in anger, shooting a wave of hot fire. Ada ducked and ran around him, climbing up the wall and getting his attention.

"Hey, walmart version festus! Let me smack you real quick so I can go help my friends with your friends."

The dragon sputtered out steam, and sat on his hind legs as if he felt a bit bad. His mechanical mouth made a low drilling sound that Ada imagined to be whimpering.

His friend which has run into a wall was less lenient. His snout has been torn off from the impact, leaving a dismantled face that revealed wiring. It shook off the pieces of glass etched into its body and tail, which fell to the ground like crystal scales.

Ada thought he was down for the count.

I hope Piper and the others are doing better than me.

^^^

It wasn't going better.

"Jason move!" Leo slammed the hammer into the dragon jumping at Jason, shooting it the other side of the room in pieces. They looked up at Medea, seeing her running. Medea was almost to the second floor, where she'd be able to choose from a wide assortment of deadly appliances.

"Oh, no, you don't," Piper growled, and took off after her.

When Medea spotted Piper, she started climbing in earnest. She was quick for a three-thousand-year-old lady.

"We gotta help her!" Jason cried, slicing another dragon to bits.

"No!" Leo reasoned. "We need to keep the dragons off her. And where the fuck is Ada?"

Jason looked at Leo like he just shot him in the chest.

"What?!" Leo said darkly, pushing a dragon into a wall and hitting him in the side, making all the screws pop loose. As a mechanic, Leo cried a little every time he destroyed these finely made automations.

"You swore. I haven't heard you swear in forever."

"Eh? I learned from the best. And the best is currently missing!"