Chapter Two

действовать с осторожностью. двери открываются (proceed with caution. The doors are opening)

"Дверь" (door)

I turn my head one direction and then the other, the muscles and tendons in my neck stretch and then contract as the bones crack with forced relief. A painful feeling spreads over my chest as friction from the strap of my gun cuts into the skin and I face forward with my trimmed nails digging deep into my rough palms.

"Отдых" (holiday)

The breath of the girl of the same height who is standing close behind me in line makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in irritation. I can feel every fabric plastered to my skin and every drop of sweat that rolls down my back out of nervous overheating.

"Нервы" (nerves)

The thing Pierce omitted from our confrontation in my cell, was that these 'people' were much further ahead of us than he had thought. The beat us to the mark, coming for us before we could get to them.

the vague plan of Pierce's was to send out the troops, who made me sick with how young and innocent their faces looked, led by me to do a sweep of the rich forest surrounding the base from every side and kill any scouts we found as a warning not to mess with us, to stay far away.

but the hammering of gunshots against the walls of the base and the setting off of bombs is evidence that they have come knocking on our door and we should be prepared to fight.

"Террор" (terror)

This morning I was dragged out of my cell and 5 small words were whispered into my ear as I laid back and accepted my fate from the man who held enough power to wipe me of mine.

As a result, pure rage is now the only thing running through my veins and turning them a burning red. My head is spinning. I feel sick.

I was washed and dressed as my tight muscles kept me ridged. His goons scrubbed and stared. My suit is all black and skintight, flexible in all the right places and see-through in all the wrong places. I was passed around like a doll and finally posted in front of this door, the final step to a glimpse of freedom through the lense of pure chaos.

It felt as though I was watching from the other side of a camera. Young girls and boys alike formed a line behind me and the announcement came over the loudspeakers that the doors are opening. I try to ignore just how young in years they all are as i stare straight ahead out into the gradually increasing brightness and allow for the slight breeze to pass over me in waves.

"полного послушания" (total obedience)

My head is filled with a deafening silence. My brain screams into the void. Kill. Kill. Kill. A repeating motive like a mantra that my body succumbs to. I attempt to take a step forward as the old and rusted door stops moving and the creaking noises stop but swiftly someone steps in front of my shorter frame and grabs my chin in a tight vice before I can set foot over the threshold of the door.

The control and the atmosphere has changed completely. Suddenly I find myself looking into the dark depths of his eyes with my own eyes heavy and my body wanting to appease him, to obey him, to make him proud.

"Ok sunshine, this is your first and last warning. If I see you step foot back inside this door without killing every single one of those vile creatures I will make the rest of your little life a living fucking hell" his spit lands on the tip of my nose and I hardly even flinch as he once again throws my jaw off to the side with force "you got that" I nod with a stiff form as he waits another moment with his eyes on mine and for a disgusting half of a second his eyes scan down my appearance and I suck in an uncomfortable breath before he nods and makes his way out of the large industrial style room.